Schadenfreude: Which misfortune of others gives you pleasure?

I was reading that the Spice Girls musical 'Viva Forever' is to close after only 6months and some of the worst reviews for a musical ever. :D

I was pleased about this. Like I was pleased to see the Tories get a drubbing in yesterday's local elections.

When do you get feelings of schadenfreude?

When do you get feelings of schadenfreude?
Last weekend, took the convert out for a gentle 'dry spin' after a good wash/polish.

Young kid in a blinged-up econobox comes up fast on me, turns up his stereo (noticeably), keeps revving up and driving dangerously close to my back bumper for a couple of miles, generally being a nuisance until I could let him pass ('on the limit' overtake), on a B road right before a bend into a small village...

...and Nott's finest waiting right after the village sign with their speed trap :D

Kid must have been doing 50+ by the 30 sign and, naturally, was courteously invited to pull over and account for this haste.

Schadenfreude indeed, I could nearly taste them points, fine and insurance premium hike :banana: And yes, I did pass by deliberately slower than usual, point and laugh. And yes, he saw me doing it. Booo-YAAAAA :hihi:

Last weekend, took the convert out for a gentle 'dry spin' after a good wash/polish.

Young kid in a blinged-up econobox comes up fast on me, turns up his stereo (noticeably), keeps revving up and driving dangerously close to my back bumper for a couple of miles, generally being a nuisance until I could let him pass ('on the limit' overtake), on a B road right before a bend into a small village...

...and Nott's finest waiting right after the village sign with their speed trap :D

Kid must have been doing 50+ by the 30 sign and, naturally, was courteously invited to pull over and account for this haste.

Schadenfreude indeed, I could nearly taste them points, fine and insurance premium hike :banana: And yes, I did pass by deliberately slower than usual, point and laugh. And yes, he saw me doing it. Booo-YAAAAA :hihi:

Normally I agree with Obelix above ("I try not to") but when some jerk is endangering others like that, I'm with you.

Indeed, it's very hard not to snigger as you drive past them isn't it....
No point fighting it, especially when it's just what you've been wishing for, for a few minutes beforehand.

Like you, I don't -or at least try not to- take pleasure from other's sufferring, even when deserved (up to a point...the pillory and popular justice would still be too good for war criminals, child molesters, and a few others) - unless I'm the afflicted party. Then I tend to find ways to help karma a bit :twisted:

Must be the 25% Sicilian DNA. Again, no point fighting it, when it's genetically-coded in :D

People falling on their bum in the ice.

People getting hit by a carrier bag in the wind and it getting stuck to them.

Saw a guy put 10p in the toilet barriers the other day, fall forwards a bit and knocked it, losing his 10p.

Long time ago I saw a guy slip, and then land, in a big pile of donkey poo in Scarborough. His own fault cos he was walking while reading a paper.

I'd have only been about 12 so found it hysterical:hihi:

Archived