Nigel Farage Worse interview exposes UKIP policies

There is a role for UKIP to the right of the Tory Party to mop up that vote and as a protest party for everyone who's fed up with all 3 main parties regardless of their politics. They could carry on as they are now for years to come.

I believe the coalition will be between The Tories and UKIP come the next General Election. However, as Farage has stated, provided Cameron is not PM. Boris or anyone else but not Cameron.

I believe the coalition will be between The Tories and UKIP come the next General Election. However, as Farage has stated, provided Cameron is not PM. Boris or anyone else but not Cameron.

What makes you think that UKIP will win any seats in Parliament?

What makes you think that UKIP will win any seats in Parliament?

I think so many students and the middle class are so disgusted with Clegg over the students fees debacle, these supporters will use UKIP as their protest vote against Clegg.

I think so many students and the middle class are so disgusted with Clegg over the students fees debacle, these supporters will use UKIP as their protest vote against Clegg.

UKIP don't stand a hope in hell of gaining any seats in Parliament. They only did so well recently because they are "none of the above".

When we get to elect proper politicians, people tend to revert to type. The outraged Lib Dems will either vote Labour, because they aren't Tories, or Tory, because they may as well, or Lib Dem because they might be telling the truth this time.

UKIP won't be on the radar.

When we get to elect proper politicians, people tend to revert to type. The outraged Lib Dems will either vote Labour, because they aren't Tories, or Tory, because they may as well, or Lib Dem because they might be telling the truth this time. .

No, I believe outraged Lib Dems will vote UKIP tactically as a protest vote, to prevent Labour and Conservatives from winning safe seats.

UKIP want to reduce the number of people going to university. Whilst Labour's massive expansion of the proportion of the population going to university has reduced the value of a degree, you try telling a middle class parent that UKIP wants to reduce their children's chances of going to university and see their reaction.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 10:11 ----------

No, I believe outraged Lib Dems will vote UKIP tactically as a protest vote, to prevent Labour and Conservatives from winning safe seats.

Outraged LibDems won't. Outraged Labour voters who voted LibDem last time because they were upset over the banking fiasco might but they'd have reverted to Labour anyway.

UKIP want to reduce the number of people going to university.

REALLY!:o

Labour's massive expansion of the proportion of the population going to university has reduced the value of a degree.

Yes, Blair announced he wanted 50% of the population to go to university, then he introduced University fees. So they could go, provided they could afford the fees! He giveth and he taketh.

What policies do the Lib Dems and UKIP have in common? Or even fundamental principles. Even on the basics of Europe they stand at opposite extremes.

REALLY!:o

I guess you've just proved my point. ;)

Yes, Blair announced he wanted 50% of the population to go to university, then he introduced University fees. So they could go, provided they could afford the fees! He giveth and he taketh.

It was pretty much inevitable from a cost to the country/benefit to the country point of view. It's in the country's interest to have a certain number of people with degrees so paying for them is reasonable. Too many and you waste taxes on people who will not benefit the country. Getting everyone to pay avoids wasting taxes.

Shifting back to grants for a limited number from where we are now will be very unpopular. Not only will you have to explain to a load of people that they can no longer go to uni, you also have to persuade people who would never have gone that they'll have to pay for an elite to go.

But since local councillors can't do anything about that, they're free to ignore that too.

A Ukip run council couldn't do anything about immigration into the country of course but they certainly wouldn't get involved in any silly immigrant friendly initiatives like SCC does.

Archived