Nigel Farage Worse interview exposes UKIP policies

I find it quite refreshing that candidates for a party can promise to constituents that they will represent them.

But they haven't.

They were elected on a manifesto yesterday. That manifesto has just been abandoned.

That's no way to run a party. In fact, it is just short of fraudulent behaviour.

I guess that you must be easily pleased then.

According to his interview, the new councillors are all free to ignore any manifesto committments (except the immigration bit), if they want to.

So 25% of the electorate have just voted for a party with vitually no clear policies. With the obvious exception that they don't like foreigners.

25% of the electorate voted for councillors they want to represent them locally. I'm not sure any national party dictates how local issues are handled. If they do it would be a disaster.

Evidence please?

Please don't make yourself look any more silly.

There is a link up there ^^^ to a well respected radio news programme. You can recognise it by the blue writing and the underlining.

Click and listen. Your glorious leader will then tell you that the manifesto was essentially a lie and that it has been abandoned.

Enjoy the show.

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 23:53 ----------

25% of the electorate voted for councillors they want to represent them locally. I'm not sure any national party dictates how local issues are handled. If they do it would be a disaster.

They have a local manifesto though. Otherwise, how would educated voters know who to vote for:rolleyes:

Please don't make yourself look any more silly.

There is a link up there ^^^ to a well respected radio news programme. You can recognise it by the blue writing and the underlining.

Click and listen. Your glorious leader will then tell you that the manifesto was essentially a lie and that it has been abandoned.

Enjoy the show.

I already listened. I didn't hear anything to back up your claim that the "manifesto has just been abandoned".

I already listened. I didn't hear anything to back up your claim that the "manifesto has just been abandoned".

Listen again.

There is no compulsion for councillors to stick to the manifesto (except for the bit about foreigners, which is sacrosanct).

Therefore, the manifesto has already been abandoned. (except for the bit about foreigners, which is sacrosanct).

I think that we all know where they stand now.

According to his interview, the new councillors are all free to ignore any manifesto committments (except the immigration bit), if they want to.

But since local councillors can't do anything about that, they're free to ignore that too.

I did. Perhaps you could post a transcript here and highlight the bit that says they've abandoned their manifesto, as you're claiming.

I'll just let the 75% of rational folk work it out for themselves

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 00:13 ----------

But since local councillors can't do anything about that, they're free to ignore that too.

They aren't free to ignore it.

They are, of course, powerless to do anything about it.

Which all adds to the suspicion that a vote for UKIP = a vote for "None of the above".

His own members don't even have to tow the party line.

It may come as a surprise to you, but not everyone like the party system. Do you like being whipped?

Do you think MPs should be whipped?

Archived