Nigel Farage for PM

I don't need to, UKIP policies are on the UKIP website.

What's on the UKIP website are not policies but more of a wish list of vague promises that they don't want to tied down on.

Even senior party members think they don't really have properly prepared policies. From this article:

Ukip leader Nigel Farage is warned that his party is facing a decade without credible policies, as crippling internal rows rage, and it is suggested that the party should consider buying off-the-shelf strategy from right-leaning thinktanks.

They don't have the resources or the people with the skills needed to prepare their own policies.

What's on the UKIP website are not policies but more of a wish list of vague promises that they don't want to tied down on.

Even senior party members think they don't really have properly prepared policies. From this article:

They don't have the resources or the people with the skills needed to prepare their own policies.

A good idea is a good idea, it doesn't matter where it comes from.

The point is - UKIP don't have proper policies at the moment and can't come up with their own.

Supposing UKIP had been in power when the Argentinians invaded the Falkland Islands, would they have had to have called a think tank to ask how they should have responded?

The point is - UKIP don't have proper policies at the moment and can't come up with their own.

Supposing UKIP had been in power when the Argentinians invaded the Falkland Islands, would they have had to have called a think tank to ask how they should have responded?

Of course it does, see their website for their policies. See their manifesto for the local elections. See their manifesto from the 2010 general election. Don't be ignorant, look for yourself instead of believing what other people tell you to think.

Of course it does, see their website for their policies. See their manifesto for the local elections. See their manifesto from the 2010 general election. Don't be ignorant, look for yourself instead of believing what other people tell you to think.

I have. I couldn't see anything about how they were proposing to pay for their promised increased spending and tax cuts.

An idea is just that - an idea. A policy is not just an idea - it's the thinking and reasoning to back up that idea.

Ideas are not always achievable, policies should be.

An idea is just that - an idea. A policy is not just an idea - it's the thinking and reasoning to back up that idea.

So you are against parties picking up policies from think tanks? Reality check - they all already do.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 19:08 ----------

I have. I couldn't see anything about how they were proposing to pay for their promised increased spending and tax cuts.

I agree some of it may be uncosted at the moment. And I wouldn't expect 100% of what is there now to be in the 2015 manifesto. That's not unique to UKIP. Labour haven't given us anything in terms of their tax and spending plans, only that borrowing will increase as they spend more.

The electorate like UKIPs ideas, even tho they are not thought thru.

I agree some of it may be uncosted at the moment. And I wouldn't expect 100% of what is there now to be in the 2015 manifesto. That's not unique to UKIP. Labour haven't given us anything in terms of their tax and spending plans, only that borrowing will increase as they spend more.

The Times reckons it's a bit more than "some" - A £120bn black hole behind the UKIP dream for a better Britain. That would double our current deficit.

Archived