Stupid fire alarm

Argh why does my smoke detector pick the best time to run out of battery? Scared me to death when it started chirping an hour ago :( Its right outside my bedroom door and very loud. Its mains powered with a 9V backup battery which I'm guessing has ran out. I don't have a replacement at this ungodly hour so I've switched the fuse off and that seems to have shut it up.

Anyway, rant over, I found this video on YouTube which I figured may be useful to other people too

Argh why does my smoke detector pick the best time to run out of battery? Scared me to death when it started chirping an hour ago :( Its right outside my bedroom door and very loud.

No, it didn't scare you to death. Stop exaggerating..

If you maintain it correctly (keep spare batteries at hand) it may save you and your kids to from being burnt to death.

Stop whingeing and grow up!.

I posted this thinking of the past threads about checking your smoke alarm regularly. It might bring it to someone's attention to check the alarm and buy a spare battery, and I thought the video might be useful to other people. I'm sure others will also have no idea how to change the battery.

I don't mind people knowing about and learning from my silly mistakes if it could potentially save a life :)

No, it didn't scare you to death. Stop exaggerating..

If you maintain it correctly (keep spare batteries at hand) it may save you and your kids to from being burnt to death.

Stop whingeing and grow up!.

Wow.

Do you feel better now?

Wow.

Do you feel better now?

How I feel is irrelevant!

What a silly question.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 22:32 ----------

I posted this thinking of the past threads about checking your smoke alarm regularly. It might bring it to someone's attention to check the alarm and buy a spare battery, and I thought the video might be useful to other people. I'm sure others will also have no idea how to change the battery.

I don't mind people knowing about and learning from my silly mistakes if it could potentially save a life :)

Thanks for explaining, but you could have just posted the link (without the moaning!)!

Archived