Why is UKIP called racist by some?

Thanks andygardener for the link.

These are the sort of things I cannot agree should be publicly funded / subsidised by local tax payers. Why on earth does it need public funding? And why should it?

It depends on value for money to a degree as well. A manager for £50k (which I've no reason to disbelieve) is not value for money. There are people running places from nursing homes to hotels who aren't on that sort of cash.

It depends on value for money to a degree as well. A manager for £50k (which I've no reason to disbelieve) is not value for money. There are people running places from nursing homes to hotels who aren't on that sort of cash.

Have I misread it? Doesn't it claim the £49,800 is for rent?

Sheffield City Council has been and continues to be our premier partner in the delivery of our core services to the community. During the year to 31st March 2010 CPU contributed £119,923 including rent of £49,800 F.T. manager, and a contribution to other running costs.

Apologies if I am misreading it.

Sheffield City Council has been and continues to be our premier partner in the delivery of our core services to the community. During the year to 31st March 2010 CPU contributed £119,923 including rent of £49,800 F.T. manager, and a contribution to other running costs.

To be honest mike its a tad inconclusive. Id love to see a proper breakdown (certainly when you consider how many other companies chip in - which is alot).

It's hideously ungrammatical so very hard to interpret. I'd read it as "rent of a £50K full time manager and other costs", you could well be right that they meant "£50K rent, a full time manager and other costs".

All of which is a mute point to be fair, we should not have our money bankrolling racist organisations and they are blatantly institutionally racist so should not get a penny.

Come again? Are you really suggesting that immigrant communities should leave behind all their cultural norms and values, foods and styles of dress when they come here?

Or are you saying something else? Also, one needs to ask why? Is it just because you don't like it or is there some valid reason also?

Segregation breed distrust, distrust breeds hate, and hate leads to the dark side ... sorry I went of at a tangent there I think.

No, not so ridged, but if you wish to be British, you should embrace our culture. Don't forget where you come from but more so, don't forget who you want to be.

Segregation breed distrust, distrust breeds hate, and hate leads to the dark side ... sorry I went of at a tangent there I think.

No, not so ridged, but if you wish to be British, you should embrace our culture. Don't forget where you come from but more so, don't forget who you want to be.

Could you give some examples of what embracing British culture means, apart from the obvious learning to speak English?

Could you give some examples of what embracing British culture means, apart from the obvious learning to speak English?

Whatever it is I guarantee the vast majority of immigrants embrace it..where they're allowed/encouraged to do so.

Well learning English is one probably the gateway to the vast majority of parts of our culture. Giving people the choice of language is wrong and breeds segregation. We should be like France and only produce services in our native language. But on the flip side, those who are coming here and working should be entitled to English language lessons if required.

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 10:47 ----------

Whatever it is I guarantee the vast majority of immigrants embrace it..where they're allowed/encouraged to do so.

and that's the reason why we should not be encouraging other cultures over our own. Scrap the cultural centres aimed at specific ethnic groups and put the money into broadening the understanding of our own.

and that's the reason why we should not be encouraging other cultures over our own. Scrap the cultural centres aimed at specific ethnic groups and put the money into broadening the understanding of our own.
#

But what is 'our own'? Immigrants have come to this country for centuries and their cultures have been amalgamated with our own quite successfully..in fact I'd encourage investment in community centres and equally encourage participation in them across all racial groups..we all have a lot to learn from each other Wex.

As much as immigrants have a responsibility to embrace the culture of their adopted home, we have a responsibility to encourage them to do that and not place barriers in the way of their participation as often happens. You won't see many dark faces at St George's Day events, country shows, working men's clubs or football matches because many feel alienated from such activities.

#

But what is 'our own'? Immigrants have come to this country for centuries and their cultures have been amalgamated with our own quite successfully..in fact I'd encourage investment in community centres and equally encourage participation in them across all racial groups..we all have a lot to learn from each other Wex.

As much as immigrants have a responsibility to embrace the culture of their adopted home, we have a responsibility to encourage them to do that and not place barriers in the way of their participation as often happens. You won't see many dark faces at St George's Day events, country shows, working men's clubs or football matches because many feel alienated from such activities.

That age old come back is wrong. Yes immigrants have come to the UK for centuries but the volume was insignificant, plus their origin has always been from neighbouring countries in the large part. These countries have shared cultures and values, contrary to those coming to day.

Archived