Why is UKIP called racist by some?

If they stop reading that trash, they'll have earned my respect. Until that point it's very hard to respect their choice of newspaper.

You need to take a step back and try to realise who stupid that sounds.

You cant judge someone simply for the choice of their newspaper.

To do so is the hight of idiocy.

sorry but thats how i feel.

That age old come back is wrong. Yes immigrants have come to the UK for centuries but the volume was insignificant, plus their origin has always been from neighbouring countries in the large part. These countries have shared cultures and values, contrary to those coming to day.

Can you give examples of British culture that immigrants should be taking part in?

Come again? Are you really suggesting that immigrant communities should leave behind all their cultural norms and values, foods and styles of dress when they come here?

When them values involve mutilating young girls, practising witchcraft and other backward stuff then yes, leave it far behind and drag yourself to the 21st century.

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 11:24 ----------

Oh please. Get a sense of perspective...

Hes appears to have got some.

And its still racist so what you going to say now?

When them values involve mutilating young girls, practising witchcraft and other backward stuff then yes, leave it far behind and drag yourself to the 21st century.

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 11:24 ----------

The Poles do all that?

Well learning English is one probably the gateway to the vast majority of parts of our culture. Giving people the choice of language is wrong and breeds segregation. We should be like France and only produce services in our native language. But on the flip side, those who are coming here and working should be entitled to English language lessons if required.

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 10:47 ----------

and that's the reason why we should not be encouraging other cultures over our own. Scrap the cultural centres aimed at specific ethnic groups and put the money into broadening the understanding of our own.

Already there are conversation clubs in Sheffield which are very well attended. However I do know that some slip back into talking to people in their own language.

So the services are there and to a great extent the will to learn English is there, but when you're in a different country feeling isolated the desire to chat to people in your own language about shared experiences must be enormous.

I'm thinking particularly of women whose duty is to pass on their culture and traditions to their children, many of whom are isolated.

It might help if some of our own people had an understanding of our own culture, spoke good English and were inclusive and welcoming. I'd like to think most are, but there is a vocal minority who aren't. They'd use the opportunity to gloat about Empire and Shakespeare....

The Poles do all that?

No they generally work hard and integrate. That said there are widespread reports of eastern Europeans taking fish from rivers and commercial fisheries illegally for the pot. Is it all of them ? Of course not but it's quite a problem in eastern England.

Just saying....

That age old come back is wrong. Yes immigrants have come to the UK for centuries but the volume was insignificant, plus their origin has always been from neighbouring countries in the large part. These countries have shared cultures and values, contrary to those coming to day.

It's not really an 'age old comeback'. I'm not making excuses for anything merely stating facts..populations develop over time. No new immigrants ever came here and assimilated instantly, but history shows us how that's just what happens.

In recent times Jews, Afro-Caribbeans and latterly Ugandan Asians have come here, brought something of their own cultures and taken up plenty of the indigenous one.

Those coming here today are finding their feet..and their identity in this country.

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 12:39 ----------

Crikey, how many immigrants does that represent?

It's not really an 'age old comeback'. I'm not making excuses for anything merely stating facts..populations develop over time. No new immigrants ever came here and assimilated instantly, but history shows us how that's just what happens.

In recent times Jews, Afro-Caribbeans and latterly Ugandan Asians have come here, brought something of their own cultures and taken up plenty of the indigenous one.

Those coming here today are finding their feet..and their identity in this country.

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 12:39 ----------

Crikey, how many immigrants does that represent?

Its been the go to response for many of the pro immigration, liberals for years. They fail to mention the actual numbers of people who came before the modern increases in immigration started. I don't have them to hand as they where published some time ago by some university. The growth is pretty much exponential between pre-history and the start of the 20th century.

Those who have only just arrived are finding their feet and no one would begrudge them this luxury, its more those who came here many years ago, have had children and grandchildren here but still have no interest in British culture. I believe its this insular mentality of some ethnic groups that causes dissatisfaction by the younger generations who are torn between being British and their parents unwillingness to integrate.

Its a very good and open article.

For those who are yet to read it, here is its title: My immigrant family were proud to assimilate. I despair that too many today expect Britain to adopt THEIR culture

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320940/MELANIE-PHILLIPS-Too-immigrants-today-expect-Britain-adopt-THEIR-culture.html#ixzz2ShddQqoK

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Archived