Why is UKIP called racist by some?

So much for the excuse that it's all the fault of minority groups who don't want to integrate :roll:

To be fair if the local schools go downhill because of the wrong sort of immigration then what parent who could afford to move to a school that gives their kids a better start in life?

People in SW Sheffield haven't all fled to the peak district when Indian people moved into the area because they and their kids from my experience speak impeccable English, from stats are educational over achievers and drive up standards not the other way round and integrate well into the existing community.

Other groups don't always do those things so British parents have to make choices based on the reality on the ground.

I blame the system that has allowed local schools in typically white working class areas of Sheffield to be swamped with migrants.

But those schools aren't struggling because of migrants, Springs Academy which has been placed in special measures has a relatively low migrant population.

But those schools aren't struggling because of migrants, Springs Academy which has been placed in special measures has a relatively low migrant population.

I never said all schools in special measures was due to a high migrant population. Springs isn't one of the ones I'm thinking of.

I never said all schools in special measures was due to a high migrant population. Springs isn't one of the ones I'm thinking of.

But the point is the schools which are struggling that have high migrant numbers might be failing for a number reasons in addition to high migrant numbers, you can't just blame immigrants otherwise Springs which is mainly white wouldn't be in the tangle it is.

Here's the OFSTED report

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CGUQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ofsted.gov.uk%2Ffiledownloading%2F%3Fid%3D2138623%26type%3D1%26refer%3D0&ei=d8GKUaPSM6q50QWG5YDoDw&usg=AFQjCNG7jZb7FRKO2LaLwhyGEx-hDL1UgA&bvm=bv.46226182,d.d2k

Ah yes brush it under the carpet, that's just what got us here. Anything to say at all about the content of my previous post?

People are selling their homes and moving away, because they don't want their kids to go to schools that are struggling to cope with a migrant influx and standards are slipping because of it. I don't blame the white British parents for wanting to move away and wanting their kids to get a better education, I blame the system that has allowed local schools in typically white working class areas of Sheffield to be swamped with migrants.

I wasn't brushing anything under the carpet, I was conversing with another forummer about UKIP'S policy on multiculturalism.

Primary and secondary education aren't my forte I'm afraid - however I do remember news reports that show there has been concern about the educational under achievement of white working class boys specifically. These concerns stretch back years.

With respect I don't think it's entirely fair to blame immigrants for their relative low attainment.

Which schools in Sheffield are in special measures?

I know of Springs and Forge Valley. Neither exactly overloaded by immigrants.

To be fair if the local schools go downhill because of the wrong sort of immigration then what parent who could afford to move to a school that gives their kids a better start in life?

People in SW Sheffield haven't all fled to the peak district when Indian people moved into the area because they and their kids from my experience speak impeccable English, from stats are educational over achievers and drive up standards not the other way round and integrate well into the existing community.

Other groups don't always do those things so British parents have to make choices based on the reality on the ground.

As I said I don't have a great deal of knowledge about primary and secondary education.

But it sounds like financial background and monetary factors are at play rather than immigration per se.

It's a complex area and there's bound to be a lot of factors at play affecting academic education. The number non English speakers in the class is one of many

But the point is the schools which are struggling that have high migrant numbers might be failing for a number reasons in addition to high migrant numbers, you can't just blame immigrants otherwise Springs which is mainly white wouldn't be in the tangle it is.

Here's the OFSTED report

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CGUQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ofsted.gov.uk%2Ffiledownloading%2F%3Fid%3D2138623%26type%3D1%26refer%3D0&ei=d8GKUaPSM6q50QWG5YDoDw&usg=AFQjCNG7jZb7FRKO2LaLwhyGEx-hDL1UgA&bvm=bv.46226182,d.d2k

Hmm so the school might be failing for other reasons, is it a good idea then to fill those schools with migrants who can't speak English, making the situation worse and more difficult to recover?

I wasn't brushing anything under the carpet, I was conversing with another forummer about UKIP'S policy on multiculturalism.

Primary and secondary education aren't my forte I'm afraid - however I do remember news reports that show there has been concern about the educational under achievement of working class boys specifically. These concerns stretch back years.

With respect I don't think it's entirely fair to blame immigrants for their relative low attainment.

I've spent some of my evening in a long conversation with a senior member of Ofsted. Amongst many other things, he intimated that white working class boys make poor progress nationally, whilst girls of Pakistani origin make huge progress.

No link, just a report from someone who should know.

Indeed. I listened to an interview recently on 5live with a head teacher of a primary (I think) state school in Cambridgeshire where none of the pupils spoke English as a first language. None. Nada. Zip. But if memory serves they had a decent ofsted report and didn't have a whole bunch of multilingual teachers - the head herself only new things like hello and thankyou in some of the languages (she quoted loads of different ones there). My initial reaction of it all was a mixture of daily mail horror that it has to exist but admiration that it works well and helps kids and families intigrate with everyone else, led by a head who wasn't parachuted in to do some leftie experiment, just found herself in the situation and coped brilliantly. She sounded like my old primary school teacher.

Archived