Why is UKIP called racist by some?

I dont believe UKIP are necessarily racist, but herein lies the problem with many people who support them-"people were complaining about the number of immigrants in the town". How do you know someone's an immigrant merely by looking at them? .

Going by my experience in Meadowhall yesterday, I would say its down to dress and language spoken. Its not a guarantee, but it does make people stand out and appear to be foreign. Now if you keep seeing people dressed in clothes from other cultures and hearing them speak foreign languages, its a fair assumption to make that they are possibly foreign.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 12:17 ----------

In answer to the OP's question:-

"Because it is, quite frankly!"

And yes, I1L2t3... the UKIP are basically the BNP, but in suits and ties, without the shaven heads...

Why? What evidence do you have of this?

And yes, I1L2t3... the UKIP are basically the BNP, but in suits and ties, without the shaven heads...

That must mean that the Tories are just in it for the toffs and millionaires.

it goes without saying that bnp members will vote for the party tackling immigration, if lib/lab/con took the issues seriously their would be no BNP or quite possibly no UKIP

And racists would vote for any party that promises to tackle immigration be it, Lib Dem, Con, Lab, Green, just happens to be BNP and UKIP so they are getting the racist vote along the majority of other people that support BNP and UKIP which isn't based on racism.

from the guardian which is a con/lib paper

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 10:16 ----------

the media will dress it up as anything the want you to see, depending on which party they are behind.

did you see the sun when Maggie thatcher died, 10 page pull out about how good she was for the country.

Well, the Scum has never been anything better than a scandal-rag. The only thing that you can believe to be true in that excuse of a comic is the banner, telling you the name of the "publication"...

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 12:34 ----------

That must mean that the Tories are just in it for the toffs and millionaires.

Well, yeah... I don't see the people on low wages getting those 100,00 quid bonuses...

Well, the Scum has never been anything better than a scandal-rag. The only thing that you can believe to be true in that excuse of a comic is the banner, telling you the name of the "publication"...

Dont you thin that calling the Sun, The Scum is a bit disrespectful to all the people who buy and read it every day?

It may not be your cup of tea but really, show some respect to its readers.

Dont you thin that calling the Sun, The Scum is a bit disrespectful to all the people who buy and read it every day?

It may not be your cup of tea but really, show some respect to its readers.

Have you looked at the statistics for the reading-age needed to understand the Scum when compared to other non-tabloid papers?

Have you looked at the facts behind the tripe that the Scum (and other allied red-tops) publish, under the guise of being "News"? ("Liverpool fans stealing from the dead at Hillsboro"... and ""Gotcha" are two headlines from the *scum" that are foremost in my mind as I type... )

Anyway, I read the Guardian, which I, and many other long-time readers refer to, as "The Grauniad" as an homage to the amount of spelling mistakes creep into print, so if I can be that way, I don't see why others have to be so precious about the so-called"Newspapers" that they read.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 12:47 ----------

(it's only like the old quips about Lada drivers that did the rounds in the old days.)

"HOPE not hate takes a position on UKIP

Monitor and oppose when necessary

Last Thursday HOPE not hate launched a consultation of our supporters asking their views about UKIP. This was done on the basis that whilst we absolutely believe UKIP not to be a fascist or even an ideologically racist party in terms of its leadership or constitution, there are significant questions to be asked regarding their recent rhetoric and campaign themes. HOPE not hate isn't questioning that UKIP also very clearly operates within the British democratic tradition, nor are we trying to restrict free speech, rather we want to make sure that the public space for debate is a positive environment rather then one driven by hate."

They use that line to scare voters away from the English Democrats too.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 11:18 ----------

Parochial, not a word that I use very often. Does it mean wanting my own taxes to be spent on providing housing, health and education for UK born and tax payers?

They might use it but to UKIP it's a serious enough issue for them to need a membership policy that specifically deals with the issue. UKIP knows where it is pitching some of its policies and it knows exactly what sort of people they could attract.

How do you know someone's an immigrant merely by looking at them?

your asking a question, hoping for an answer your not going to get.

I'm asking a question, you've no idea what style of answer I'm anticipating so why don't you have a go at answering it instead of all the bluster?

regarding Australia -

we are talking hundreds of years ago when the country had the resources to cope with immigration, if they opened up their ports to Malaysians/Asians what mass effect would it have on the country in the long run. who knows? but its a route they don't want to take and the whole world respects that. why is it different here?

please answer this boyfriday

Simple answer, it isn't any different here.

The immigration service adopted a points system similar to the Australian one some time ago.

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/uk-immigration-tier-system.htm

Archived