Why is UKIP called racist by some?

People of all nationalities contribute to the economy why shouldn't there be community facilities for everyone. So yes there is a sense of entitlement. The fact that you think their won't be any impact shows how naive you are

And tell us more about this 'single culture' that UKIP want to embrace?

So what will the impact be?

So what will the impact be?

I would imagine that tension between the authorities and the population would increase. Britain would become a more unpleasant and divisive place to live.

I don't just think that closing a few community centres is the ambition of your avaerage UKIPPER. Given that you seem to be a supporter perhaps you could tell me what you imagine the impact would be on the organisations like the police, schools, the BBC and other public bodies. Or don't you know?

I would imagine that tension between the authorities and the population would increase. Britain would become a more unpleasant and divisive place to live.

I don't just think that closing a few community centres is the ambition of your avaerage UKIPPER. Given that you seem to be a supporter perhaps you could tell me what you imagine the impact would be on the organisations like the police, schools, the BBC and other public bodies.

So you're saying there will be trouble if we don't give them the money. That sounds like blackmail.

If they really provide value in the community, there is nothing to stop them continuing to organise and provide services, they'd just have to do it without public money.

So you're saying there will be trouble if we don't give them the money. That sounds like blackmail.

If they really provide value in the community, there is nothing to stop them continuing to organise and provide services, they'd just have to do it without public money.

Not at all. Governments can only rule with consent of its people.

And why should they go without public money? They contribute to the economy through taxes, why shouldn't they benefit from its fruits?

And tell us about this single culture that UKIP seem keen to promote?

Not at all. Governments can only rule with consent of its people.

And why should they go without public money? They contribute to the economy through taxes, why shouldn't they benefit from its fruits?

And tell us about this single culture that UKIP seem keen to promote?

Public money isn't and wouldn't be denied to them. Public money should be spent on services that are there for all. Services that are good enough for the non-BME population should be good enough for the BME population also.

It was suggested by WeX in #43 that they could withdraw funding for community centres specifically for particular ethnic groups. You asked "why would they do that?" (see post #55).

I have a revolutionary idea. How about community centres that are available to all. And if a particular group don't like that, and would rather have their own, let them fund it.

I have a revolutionary idea. How about community centres that are available to all. And if a particular group don't like that, and would rather have their own, let them fund it.

Good plan. Tell that to the WI, or the Scouts, or the local swimming club, or the many other exclusive groups that make use of community facilities.

Good plan. Tell that to the WI, or the Scouts, or the local swimming club, or the many other exclusive groups that make use of community facilities.

Is WI exclusive to an ethnic group? Or scouts? Funding should not be on the basis of ethnicity. Do you think a group exclusive to whites would get a look in? If not, it's discriminatory.

Archived