Why is UKIP called racist by some?

I doubt WI have exclusivity on any community facilities. Use shared facilities with the rest of the community, which is fair enough.

But if the WI was exclusive to an ethnic group...

(You might want to review your last few posts very carefully before replying)

I doubt WI have exclusivity on any community facilities. Use shared facilities with the rest of the community, which is fair enough.

But lots of local groups whether organised for or by ethnic minority groups, groups of elderly people, or disabled use existing community facilities so what's the problem?

Part of the raison d'etre of community groups based on ethicity or culture is to address the obvious fact that the UK is already one huge community group for white Britons. White Britons, therefore, do not need groups to provide the same function as ethnic or cultural groups because they have not generally been isolated from members of their own communities as many immigrants historically have been.

Wait . . . . . . Your going to **** your pants with excitement, apologise if I'm wrong, but the point I was making is the the media support there own political parties, and not ukip.

I think the Mail and Express would, but they're not right wing enough!

But if the WI was exclusive to an ethnic group...

(You might want to review your last few posts very carefully before replying)

...which it isn't.

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 08:12 ----------

But lots of local groups whether organised for or by ethnic minority groups, groups of elderly people, or disabled use existing community facilities so what's the problem?

Using shared facilities isn't a problem. You took issue with the suggestion in #43 that funding might be withdrawn from things like community centres dedicated to particular ethnic groups (I don't even know if there are any but as you opposed such a notion that's what we've run with).

. . . . . they are, despite their name, an obviously English Nationalist party. They don't bother to field any candidates in the Scottish or Welsh parliaments.

Doh! Another fictitious slander against UKIP proven to be lies.

...which it isn't.

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 08:12 ----------

Using shared facilities isn't a problem. You took issue with the suggestion in #43 that funding might be withdrawn from things like community centres dedicated to particular ethnic groups (I don't even know if there are any but as you opposed such a notion that's what we've run with).

But why would a national political party take issue with local community groups?

There are community centres in Sheffield dedicated to particular ethnic groups, such as http://www.sadacca.org/

Of all the issues besetting the nation, why would UKIP pick on organisations like SADACCA if it wasn't a crude "we're thinking what you're thinking" dog whistle to the racist elements in the population?

Have you looked at the statistics for the reading-age needed to understand the Scum when compared to other non-tabloid papers?

Have you looked at the facts behind the tripe that the Scum (and other allied red-tops) publish, under the guise of being "News"? ("Liverpool fans stealing from the dead at Hillsboro"... and ""Gotcha" are two headlines from the *scum" that are foremost in my mind as I type... )

Anyway, I read the Guardian, which I, and many other long-time readers refer to, as "The Grauniad" as an homage to the amount of spelling mistakes creep into print, so if I can be that way, I don't see why others have to be so precious about the so-called"Newspapers" that they read.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 12:47 ----------

(it's only like the old quips about Lada drivers that did the rounds in the old days.)

You have a horrible attitude.

Archived