Why is UKIP called racist by some?

You have a horrible attitude.

Hang on a minute - what about the attituse of the Sun that accused Liverpool fans urinating on the dead at Hillsborough? Or the newspaper that hacked Milly Dowlers phone, giving her parents false hope that she was still alive?

Instead of attacking people on here why don't you contribute something relevant to the thread? Or haven't you got anything to say?

But why would a national political party take issue with local community groups?

There are community centres in Sheffield dedicated to particular ethnic groups, such as http://www.sadacca.org/

Of all the issues besetting the nation, why would UKIP pick on organisations like SADACCA if it wasn't a crude "we're thinking what you're thinking" dog whistle to the racist elements in the population?

It isn't a matter of picking on anybody, it's a matter of where public money should be spent. Does SADACCA receive a taxpayer subsidy from the city council?

Hang on a minute - what about the attituse of the Sun that accused Liverpool fans urinating on the dead at Hillsborough? Or the newspaper that hacked Milly Dowlers phone, giving her parents false hope that she was still alive?

Instead of attacking people on here why don't you contribute something relevant to the thread? Or haven't you got anything to say?

The paper didnt do anything.

The people who worked there at the time did, and it was wrong.

They no longer work at the Sun so to use that as a reason to be immature and hostile as well as disrespectful is weak.

As for attacking, im attacking no one.

Just pointing out that someone has a horrible attitude which can be seen buy just looking at how many times they refer to it as "scum" i also find it offensive that they seem to think all Sun readers are idiots and their views less important that "guardian readers"

If you call that attacking then you may need to think again.

It isn't a matter of picking on anybody, it's a matter of where public money should be spent. Does SADACCA receive a taxpayer subsidy from the city council?

I've no idea. But I do know that as citizens everybody puts into the pot so for UKIP to target specific groups over and above others is dog whistle politics. And an indication that UKIP are for bigots

If you're concerned about the misuse of public money, how do you feel about Nigel Farage claiming over 2 million in expenses in 2009/10? Isn't that sending a bad example to any would be UKIP candidate?

Quick question(s):

What stats are you using to come to the conclusion Doncasters immigrant population is miniscule? And how do you know this a big deal in Doncaster?

I'm in Doncaster all the time and its nothing like Sheffield for "obvious" immigrants.

I posted a link to a local government document that summarised the ethnic breakdown of Doncaster. I don't know that immigration is a big deal to the residents of Doncaster, I was challenging another poster (Ron77 post 5) who said on a Radio Sheffield phone in residents of Doncaster were complaining about it.

Just read UKIPs policies on communities etc... I think they're confused.

It's reasonable to suggest that the aggressive promotion of multiculturalism by councils should not be a priority. That's OK. It doesn't mean that councils can't still fund these kinds of things on a case by case basis, like every other community project. The money would be better spent on breaking down barriers between communities, combating discrimination and helping communities that have been struggling to integrate to become more economically active.

So far so good. Where UKIP thoroughly lose the plot is with the idea of a 'uniculture'. IMO there is nothing wrong with a multicultural society. What is wrong is when economic divisions develop along ethnic lines. It's not a shared sense of British-ness that will help make society more harmonious, but rather economic inclusiveness. It's not a cultural shared sense of being British that will bring people together. What does being British mean anyway? UKIP are going to come a cropper if they start trying to define it and make people adhere to it. They should focus on bringing all groups into the economic mainstream.

I posted a link to a local government document that summarised the ethnic breakdown of Doncaster. I don't know that immigration is a big deal to the residents of Doncaster, I was challenging another poster (Ron77 post 5) who said on a Radio Sheffield phone in residents of Doncaster were complaining about it.

Arh, crossed wires then :)

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 12:50 ----------

Ah but which groups? Do you select them simply by virtue of their skin colour, or perhaps whether their women folk wear hijab or not?

Not sure, but I don't see why you are jumping to such a conclusion .. oh hang on, yes I do. I suppose the one word question of "which" can be answered with a one word answer "All". This wont stop communities from funding their own cultural centres, just not the government.

We should be protecting the British culture, not diluting it. This is why people have less and less of a sense of belonging.

Dont you thin that calling the Sun, The Scum is a bit disrespectful to all the people who buy and read it every day?

It may not be your cup of tea but really, show some respect to its readers.

If they stop reading that trash, they'll have earned my respect. Until that point it's very hard to respect their choice of newspaper.

By the way, it's an extremely cheap shot to accuse me of throwing the 'race card' when I've argued my point based on facts and even opened my post by saying I don't believe UKIP is inherently racist, so why bring the tone of the debate down to the gutter?

It's what you usually do on virtually evety thread you post. Has it not occurred to you that it people like you that probably drive most UKIP supporters into that party's arms?

Which is partly my point, if they're UKIP supporters and base their indignation about immigration over a few foreign speakers they might bump into in Doncaster what conclusions is the casual observer going to draw?

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 11:07 ----------

Sorry Ron77 you need to fix the quotes in your post, I cant follow it.

By the way, it's an extremely cheap shot to accuse me of throwing the 'race card' when I've argued my point based on facts and even opened my post by saying I don't believe UKIP is inherently racist, so why bring the tone of the debate down to the gutter?

Early get out clause, wondered when you'd bring it up.

Archived