Call for participants for oral history project: Eyre Ln & Sylvester St

I'm organising an oral history project focussed on the buildings that now house Bloc artist's studios and gallery, on Sylvester Street and Eyre Lane.

The aim of the project is celebrate, collect and preserve our local history through those who were there and can remember it, by publishing a book, holding an exhibition, and keeping a blog of progress along the way.

I'm keen to get in touch with people who used to work in the buildings that now house Bloc, who have memories of the place that they could talk about, and perhaps even photographs or objects. Granton Knives used to operate from this site, so I'm told. I may also be interested in talking to anyone who worked on either Eyre Lane, Arundel Street, Sylvester Street, Earl Street, Jessop Street, Sylvester Gardens, Hallam Lane, Newton Lane, Sidney Street, or Mary street.

If you, or anyone you know, would be interested in taking part, please reply to this message.

Thanks,

Mark

Archived