Caffeine energy drinks

Hi

I have noticed that my daughter is drinking caffeine energy drinks. It says on the can, 'not suitable for children'.

Dont shops have a duty to know what and to who they are selling? I am the first one to have a go at large supermarkets, but this is small shops, I think.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/health-fitness/concerns-over-energy-drink-health-1863059

Hi

I have noticed that my daughter is drinking caffeine energy drinks. It says on the can, 'not suitable for children'.

Dont shops have a duty to know what and to who they are selling? I am the first one to have a go at large supermarkets, but this is small shops, I think.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/health-fitness/concerns-over-energy-drink-health-1863059

If you have noticed she is drinking these why are you allowing it?

How old is she?

She is 12, she is talller than some adults tho. Having looked at wiki, the ammount of caffeine in these drinks is only similar to some cokes. Although still not a good idea to take drinks with caffeine in.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 14:08 ----------

I will talk to her about it. But being a working parent, I cannot order her to stop.

She is 12 [...] the ammount of caffeine in these drinks is only similar to some cokes.

Maybe you could talk to her and explain why you don't like her drinking them.

There are people at work who have two or three in a day. I sometimes think "you're sat on a chair all day long - how much energy do you need?".

She is 12, she is talller than some adults tho. Having looked at wiki, the ammount of caffeine in these drinks is only similar to some cokes. Although still not a good idea to take drinks with caffeine in.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 14:08 ----------

I will talk to her about it. But being a working parent, I cannot order her to stop.

What are you going to do if (when!) she moves on to alcohol?

I tried to give up drinking at one bit and I was having about 7 pints of diet coke when I went out.I felt alright on it but does anyone know if the artificial sweetener does you any harm?

It can have a laxative effect in high doses.

Might do your credibility some harm if not your health!

Archived