Caffeine energy drinks

I dont have the time to give you a full history of my circumstances, working is just one downside of being a single parent. Having your child go to the other parent, who may not share your values is also important.

It's important and also very different to not being able to set rules due to working. Which is what you said.

It's important and also very different to not being able to set rules due to working. Which is what you said.

You should not take things so literally. I didn’t say it, I wrote it :)

It was her friends empty cans, she said. I wil discuss it with her later. It will be a good learning experience, alcohol is hopefully a long way off.

I would not 'ban' her from drinking energy drinks. Sometimes banning something makes children want it even more. Maybe tell her you'd rather she didn't drink them, and discuss the effects of these energy drinks in the context of her general diet and health.

I don't think these drinks are healthy for anyone; kids probably drink them because it 'looks cool', especially those cans of Monster that look suspiciously like a beer can, and it gives you a bit of a caffeine buzz.

Parents need to let their children learn, they dont learn if you order them to do things. It does depend on their age and what it is they are doing. Drinking alcohol at the age of 12 might be more serious than a legally bought fizzy drink.

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 08:38 ----------

I am sure all growing children rebel as they grow older, working means that we have less time together and she has other influences outside of my control.

1. Parents should teach their children.

2. Can you jog my memory, I can't seem to remember quite where I mentioned ordering anyone to do anything?

3. Take responsibility for yourself, don't blame the shops.

I drink them but will be stopping soon. They do help me a bit, but tbh I just like the taste!

I shouldnt really drink caffeine, and with the exception of these drinks, which I dont regularly have, I tend to avoid it - I drink Decaff coffee.

I'm not a parent, so cant really comment on how to be a parent to your daughter, so I'm not going to. Just going to wish you luck and hope you get the desired response.

You should not take things so literally. I didn’t say it, I wrote it :)

Expressed yourself.

Do you stand by what you wrote? I just thought that a parent should always feel that they could set rules, they will probably get broken, but teenagers learn by breaking boundaries sometimes.

Do you stand by what you wrote? I just thought that a parent should always feel that they could set rules, they will probably get broken, but teenagers learn by breaking boundaries sometimes.

Since its something that very many people do, its not a big thing, although she is only 12; but it was probably her friend that was drinking them anyway.

We have a long train journey to Scarboro today, so we should get time to chat.

Caffeine, achne; some interesting conversations :)

Archived