Tories to spend more in 5 years than Labour did in 13

Are they spending more on things like infrastructure projects to try to stimulate growth in the economy, it isn't clear from the article....

Imagine a sinking boat, the money being borrowed is to bail the boat out, not repair it.

Imagine a sinking boat, the money being borrowed is to bail the boat out, not repair it.

A nice metaphor but I wasn't necessarily advocating spending to stimulate growth such as infrestructure spending; just wondering if the treasury are changing direction in policy from the one that the current Chancellor outlined upon coming into government.

A nice metaphor but I wasn't necessarily advocating spending to stimulate growth such as infrestructure spending; just wondering if the treasury are changing direction in policy from the one that the current Chancellor outlined upon coming into government.

I think you mean another U-turn following the startling realisation that his austerity measures were self-defeating.

I think you mean another U-turn following the startling realisation that his austerity measures were self-defeating.

And there lies the problem, fixing the mess we are in will be self defeating for any party because it involves the population taking some pain.

Well, I am just speechless at this. Had it been reported in the Daily Mirror I wouldn't even have bothered to read it thinking it couldn't possible be true. But the story is reported in the right wing Tory supporting Daily Telegraph. Tory supporters please give your valuable opinions on this story.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9272356/Turn-off-your-iPad-David-Cameron-and-start-dealing-with-Britains-debt.html

Erm, did you check the date of the article? 8:14PM BST 17 May 2012

Archived