Drones to be deployed to monitor illegal foxhunts

The tags aren't designed to help these patients, they're being used to save police time at the expense of these patients rights to a private life (as in private from the state not private from other people). You start eroding the rights of citizens to a private life in this way and eventually you end up with complete tyranny. I can't believe so many people in Britain seem to have such a poor grasp of this considering our past history.

If you read the article you linked to they are already in use by health services. This is the first time a police force has bought some - and yes they are doing it to save money.

There's four alternatives for dealing with dementia sufferers here:

1. Family members look after them - no freedom as not allowed out unless supervised. (Unpopular with some families).

2. They get put in homes and no freedom as not allowed out unless supervised.

3. Get get tagged but are allowed to stay in their own homes and get some freedom are allowed out on their own but are monitored so that is they stray they can be found and returned to safety quickly.

4. They don't get tagged. Stay in their own home and get lots of freedom as they are allowed to wander wherever they like whenever they like. Some of these will wander off and will unfortunately be found dead in a field somewhere.

Which would you prefer for you? For your relatives?

What a breathtakingly naive post. What if they haven't any family? Do we just let them roam about? That's what largly happens now unless they end up in a home where there no tags just doors with big key locks on them.

But you've already backed down a bit anyway by letting families do it - you seem to think that every family want the very best for rather than a quiet life - its very much a double edged sword. Dementia sufferers by the time they need a tag would very probably had most privacy and dignity stripped away from them by the disease anyway. A tag might just give a bit back.

By which point I would want to be wondering(sic) into the traffic! Or off the edge of a cliff.I wouldn't want to be tagged to help someone to stop me.

By which point I would want to be wondering(sic) into the traffic! Or off the edge of a cliff.I wouldn't want to be tagged to help someone to stop me.

By the time you'd got to that stage, you wouldn't be aware of your condition.

Absolute rhubarb. It's an Nhs thing and the Nhs have countless ways of wasting the money this scheme costs. If you have anything apart from your own paranoia to remotely prove the idea is police driven than care driven, please show me.

Altus btw, has it spot on.

It's not paranoia, my objection to it is based upon actual widespread historical facts and evidence:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/fact/the_holocaust_and_disabled_people_faq_frequently_asked_questions.shtml

We can't be sure that we've moved past this- especially given the very vocal views of some people on this forum, we can't be sure it won't happen again. Dehumanising the disabled can only move us closer to this type of situation again. It's a hideous thing in itself but it only gets worse.

First it was criminals, now the mentally ill, who's next? Will it be all under sixteens because children go missing or will it be all immigrants because they might stay past their visas? If this becomes normalised it will only spread and spread and before you know it you'll be wearing the latest fashion in tagging, probably with a big glittery DKNY logo on the side and you'll be sat arguing with someone on this forum that allowing private companies to patent the DNA profiles of disabled people is a good thing because who needs to own themselves right?

I was discussing with a friend the other day how useful drones could be for monitoring the police on crowd control, or how long council workers are taking on tea-breaks...

Of course, not even the military drones have the endurance for the latter.

On a separate note, could the tagging of dementia patients be perhaps split off to another thread?

It's not paranoia, my objection to it is based upon actual widespread historical facts and evidence:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/fact/the_holocaust_and_disabled_people_faq_frequently_asked_questions.shtml

We can't be sure that we've moved past this- especially given the very vocal views of some people on this forum, we can't be sure it won't happen again. Dehumanising the disabled can only move us closer to this type of situation again. It's a hideous thing in itself but it only gets worse.

First it was criminals, now the mentally ill, who's next? Will it be all under sixteens because children go missing or will it be all immigrants because they might stay past their visas? If this becomes normalised it will only spread and spread and before you know it you'll be wearing the latest fashion in tagging, probably with a big glittery DKNY logo on the side and you'll be sat arguing with someone on this forum that allowing private companies to patent the DNA profiles of disabled people is a good thing because who needs to own themselves right?

So thats a "no, I can't find any evidence that tagging dementia patients is police driven."

If anything, that link you've provided only makes you look more paranoid

We can't be sure that we've moved past this

That wasn't us to begin with, it was German Nazis

especially given the very vocal views of some people on this forum, we can't be sure it won't happen again. Dehumanising the disabled can only move us closer to this type of situation again. It's a hideous thing in itself but it only gets worse.

None of your post explains your reasoning for imagining that patient tagging is police driven

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 17:16 ----------

UK police state taking about step forward ?

With some people even waving it forward ?

Police? What are you talking about?

Absolute rhubarb. It's an Nhs thing and the Nhs have countless ways of wasting the money this scheme costs. If you have anything apart from your own paranoia to remotely prove the idea is police driven than care driven, please show me.

Altus btw, has it spot on.

Here's your evidence:

Sussex Police have bought 15 GPS tags which they hope will save them money searching for pensioners who wander off or go missing.

Taken from the first line of the article I provided:

http://news.sky.com/story/1085308/gp...ients-barbaric

While we're on the subject of paranoia, you might want to review these links again;

Smartphones to be turned into debit cards so that you can be targeted by advertising as you walk past a store and tracked via your access to the internet:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/apr/28/mobile-phone-networks-electronic-wallet

http://www.policymic.com/articles/33975/how-your-mobile-phone-can-spy-on-you-thanks-to-the-fbi

...this one's about a shopping related app, that the user would have to download and agree to

The government installing a fake version of Mozilla Firefox onto people's computers so they can literally sit in your living room/ office and spy on what you're up to:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet-security/10032822/Mozilla-furious-as-disguised-spyware-used-against-pro-democracy-activists.html

...this one you claim is "the government" when in reality it's talking about a case involving the FBI, certainly not OUR government

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 17:25 ----------

Here's your evidence:

Taken from the first line of the article I provided:

http://news.sky.com/story/1085308/gp...ients-barbaric

Hah! Quite right on that one, my bad and my apologies

The Nazi thing is going a bit far though

Archived