Drones to be deployed to monitor illegal foxhunts

Your argument is that if the state legislates to stop you doing "something you love" you should continue to do it?

That being the case I love bear baiting, dog fighting, involuntary dwarf throwing, incest and bigamy.

Hmmm..... I'm not sure you've really got the point.

Whilst all the above listed have their plus points, especially involuntary dwarf throwing (I used to love a bit of that, back in the day), some things cause debate when they are made illegal. Not just in the UK but all over the world.

I personally think the smoking ban is a good thing; many people don't and would like to see the ban lifted. The BMA are edging closer and closer to getting smoking while driving banned. Singapore have made chewing gum illegal! Most countries have banned smoking marijuana. It's illegal to drive without a safety belt, many people choose to ignore this.

I'm against fox hunting, but if it was something I loved doing, I wouldn't be happy about it being made illegal and if people chose to disobey the law and continue hunting, I would join them.

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 13:48 ----------

What's your opinion on the activists following the hunt around with camcorders and camera phones on foot or other transport?

I didn't realise it was activists deploying the drones. I thought it was tax payer funded. If it's just activists, I don't care what they do to film the hunt.

Why on earth should taxpayers pay for such a sport to be policed? Or any sport for that matter?

Because that's what tax is for, paying the police to do their job. I certainly wouldn't want to attend an un-policed football match.

Archived