Leading Tory Nigel Evans arrested for rape and sexual assault

What would you do to fulfil your sexual desires if you didn’t have a sexual partner?

I've been suggesting throughout that we can't even start to fully understand paedophilia and the problems it causes unstill the majority accept them as normal people with a different sexual preference, much like homosexuality wasn’t fully understood until we accepted them as normal people with different sexual preferences. At one time homosexuality was considered to be a mental illness, but now it’s considered to be a normal sexual preference.

I'm not about to start discussing anything of such a personal nature on here.

Are you going to provide us with credible research sources or divulge your insights into the mind of a paedophile?

There is nothing 'normal' in a 'preference' that involves non-consenting people or children.

Self-control might not be unreasonable. People are not animals.

I doubt that the majority of humans could live a life of celibacy without masturbation. :)

Is it even possible to live a celibate life?

Men are driven by testosterone to want sex, says John Wass, Professor of Endocrinology at Oxford University. Women are driven to a lesser degree by a mixture of testosterone and oestrogen, he explains. "I'd regard celibacy as a totally abnormal state."

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 17:14 ----------

I'm not about to start discussing anything of such a personal nature on here.

Are you going to provide us with credible research sources or divulge your insights into the mind of a paedophile?

There is nothing 'normal' in a 'preference' that involves non-consenting people or children.

Whom desides what is normal?

And what should we do about everything that isn't nromal?

I doubt that the majority of humans could live a life of celibacy without masturbation. :)

Men are driven by testosterone to want sex, says John Wass, Professor of Endocrinology at Oxford University. Women are driven to a lesser degree by a mixture of testosterone and oestrogen, he explains. "I'd regard celibacy as a totally abnormal state."

I think it's fair to say that rape and abuse is not normal. Causing suffering and harm is not normal which is there are laws in place.

I see the damage and destruction that is a consequence of child abuse. And as you claim celibacy is an unnatural state, what are these no contact people doing? Masturbating to what? Child rape fantasies and indecent images.

This is the problem with people like you, you want retribution and appear to have very little interest in stopping the abuse, I on the other think it would be better to stop the abuse from happening and that can’t happen whilst the majority of people think like you.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 12:30 ----------

What do you think the difference is other than some are illegal and not considered to be normal?

I'm not an expert but the opinion I've formed based on the stuff that I've read is that it is a sexual deviation. Not in the sense that it is not common place, or not socially acceptable. But that there is a qualitative difference between straight and gay men who are drawn to adults, and straight and gay men that are drawn to children.

Like you said not all child molesters are paedophiles, and not all act on their impulses. But some research suggests that while there may be a genetic vulnerability, enviromental factors are key determinants.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 17:55 ----------

There's a very good reason why the law dictates that child abuse is illegal and not normal

I think it's fair to say that rape and abuse is not normal. Causing suffering and harm is not normal which is there are laws in place.

I see the damage and destruction that is a consequence of child abuse. And as you claim celibacy is an unnatural state, what are these no contact people doing? Masturbating to what? Child rape fantasies and indecent images.

Normal is something that is usual, typical, common or expected, normal as nothing to do with something being illegal, for instance, it is normal for people to speed whilst driving despite it being illegal.

Throughout human history rape and abuse have been common and it is still common in many parts of the world, according to you, and I have no reason to disbelieve you, it is still very common here, it is therefore normal, but rightly it is also illegal and should be punished.

We are however not talking about rape and abuse we are talking about paedophilia being a sexual preference and completely out of the control of the paedophile. They can choose not to act on their desires but they can't decide to be attracted to a different group of people.

I'm not an expert but the opinion I've formed based on the stuff that I've read is that it is a sexual deviation. Not in the sense that it is not common place, or not socially acceptable. But that there is a qualitative difference between straight and gay men who are drawn to adults, and straight and gay men that are drawn to children.

Like you said not all child molesters are paedophiles, and not all act on their impulses. But some research suggests that while there may be a genetic vulnerability, enviromental factors are key determinants.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 17:55 ----------

There's a very good reason why the law dictates that child abuse is illegal and not normal

Spot on. I would describe as a sexual deviation and dysfunction. My experience suggests that not many are able to confine their deviation to fantasy without the aid of indecent images and then contact abuse. As with all sex offending, the behaviour escalates unless there is intervention and/or help sought which is why Stop it Now is so important.

Having read the arguments against anonymity for people accused of a crime, I've changed my stance, as I now see the usefulness of publicity, in the case of more serious crimes such as murder, rape and other violent crimes against the person. Thanks for educating me, some of the reasons I admit had not occurred to me before.

Should the title of this thread now be changed or the thread split off, as it's been off topic practically since Post 33, and I think Nigel Evans has enough problems with the reasons for his arrest without it being confused with paedophilia?

The politically correct term is Sexual preference disorders, which is arousal in response to an inappropriate stimulus, these disorders are more common in men than women and have been round throughout recorded history.

Homosexuality was at one time described as a sexual deviation and was also illegal, it was later decided it was in fact normal

Having read the arguments against anonymity for people accused of a crime, I've changed my stance, as I now see the usefulness of publicity, in the case of more serious crimes such as murder, rape and other violent crimes against the person. Thanks for educating me, some of the reasons I admit had not occurred to me before.

Should the title of this thread now be changed or the thread split off, as it's been off topic practically since Post 33, and I think Nigel Evans has enough problems with the reasons for his arrest without it being confused with paedophilia?

Good Point

The politically correct term is Sexual preference disorders, which is arousal in response to an inappropriate stimulus, these disorders are more common in men than women and have been round throughout recorded history.

Homosexuality was at one time described as a sexual deviation and was also illegal, it was later decided it was in fact normal

Your constant references to homosexuality are most disingenuous to say the least.

Archived