Leading Tory Nigel Evans arrested for rape and sexual assault

In my view it is on topic simply because of that reason..dispelling the damaging link made by one man on a forum which has a very wide readership could be quite damaging. You can either censor the debate by removing it or you can let it continue simply on the basis it can be dispelled by a majoritive mindset. The man is a homosexual which isn't synonymous with sex abuse...some may differ by applying the mindset of 13thc normality. Theoretically I could apply the same reasoning of 12AD normality by suggesting that it could be possible in the future to send sandal wearers to the lions.

Debates such as these are excellent for dispelling skewered and odd rationale...even if the believer has a tenacious irrational bone between his teeth.

Mr Smith's "argument" is nonsense. He may as well state that those who do not report child abusers or enable them are not guilty of anything as they are not directly abusing children.

So we welcome them in and tolerate them..in the mean time what about the potential victim?

If you know who they are and where they live and they feel part of the communally they will be less likely to offend and you will be less likely to allow them to be alone with your children.

I haven't equated them; I'm not even discussing child abuse, I'm discussing sexual orientation and when it comes to paedophiles their sexual preference is prepubescent children.

And the fantasies (ie that that defines the non-contact paedophile) involve rape. So, child abuse does feature in the non-offending paedophile.

Help is available to these "unfortunates". It's down to them to seek it if they want to change and are fearful of crossing the line from fantasy to abusing children. Even though in my experience they are already consumers of indecent images so by default are engaged in and facilitating child abuse.

What is your experience in this field of which display take such a keen interest? You still haven't answered this question.

Based on what you think of paedophiles how likely would you be to admit you were a paedophile, there are still people that are reluctant to admit they are gay.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 20:05 ----------

Mr Smith's "argument" is nonsense. He may as well state that those who do not report child abusers or enable them are not guilty of anything as they are not directly abusing children.

You do like twisting and ignoring what is in front of you don't you, you are one that keeps confusing child abuse with paedophilia, I will repeat for the umpteenth time, not all child abusers are paedophiles and not all paedophiles are child abusers.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 20:09 ----------

And the fantasies (ie that that defines the non-contact paedophile) involve rape. So, child abuse does feature in the non-offending paedophile.

No you are just being silly, one can't rape an imaginary person.

You still haven’t explained how you would prevent child abuse.

Based on what you think of paedophiles how likely would you be to admit you were a paedophile, there are still people that are reluctant to admit they are gay.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 20:05 ----------

You do like twisting and ignoring what is in front of you don't you, you are one that keeps confusing child abuse with paedophilia, I will repeat for the umpteenth time, not all child abusers are paedophiles and not all paedophiles are child abusers.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 20:09 ----------

No you are just being silly, one can't rape an imaginary person.

You still haven’t explained how you would prevent child abuse.

I have actually. And you are wrong again, I am not confusing anything. You haven't answered my questions, so stop projecting.

I have actually. And you are wrong again, I am not confusing anything. You haven't answered my questions, so stop projecting.

Seams we aren't going to agree on anything so we might as well call it a day.

I haven't equated them; I'm not even discussing child abuse, I'm discussing sexual orientation and when it comes to paedophiles their sexual preference is prepubescent children.

You talked about your abilities to empathise with people of different sexualities in the context of paedophilia and child sex abuse, what is someone supposed to think?

Instead of hovering over the debate provoking others, why don't you answer the direct questions that other poster's have asked of you?

Pot, kettle....

For the record MrSmith stopped posting last autumn after being embarrassed about making quite a few posts about paedophiles just being misunderstood people. He then started posting as MaxMaximus but reverted to MrSmith when it became clear that he was fooling no one with his ID change.

A few people on here, you included, seem to think that rape and sexual abuse trials are more about compensation, revenge and gold-digging than about rape and sexual abuse.

In the context of this thread, I think this revelation is telling.

You talked about your abilities to empathise with people of different sexualities in the context of paedophilia and child sex abuse, what is someone supposed to think?

Instead of hovering over the debate provoking others, why don't you answer the direct questions that other poster's have asked of you?

In the context of this thread, I think this revelation is telling.

Now you are just trolling.

Now you are just trolling.

Were it not for the seriousness of the subject matter, coming from you that statement would be amusing.

Help is available to these "unfortunates". It's down to them to seek it if they want to change and are fearful of crossing the line from fantasy to abusing children. Even though in my experience they are already consumers of indecent images so by default are engaged in and facilitating child abuse.

What is your experience in this field of which display take such a keen interest? You still haven't answered this question.

Let's hope they take that help that is on offer.

If you know who they are and where they live and they feel part of the communally they will be less likely to offend and you will be less likely to allow them to be alone with your children.

Well there's a contradiction in terms if I ever heard one..children are part of a community..or are you suggesting we hide our children in order to give paedophiles a big hug?

Archived