Leading Tory Nigel Evans arrested for rape and sexual assault

stuart hall just pleaded guilty to a load of abuse charges that only happened cos the initial allegations were publicized, so you're wrong - without the further information, the pattern of abuse wouldn't have been established and he'd be happily getting on with his life instead of worrying about dying in strangeways.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Stuart Hall case and his 13 or so victims come out of the blue all at once? its not as though there were one or two victims speaking out then another 11 came later as a result of the publicity of the first two.

He probably pleaded guilty either because he didn't want to put his victims through lengthy trials or he felt that as a man in his eighties he didn't have the stamina to put himself through lengthy trials. Probably the latter.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Stuart Hall case and his 13 or so victims come out of the blue all at once? its not as though there were one or two victims speaking out then another 11 came later as a result of the publicity of the first two.

He probably pleaded guilty either because he didn't want to put his victims through lengthy trials or he felt that as a man in his eighties he didn't have the stamina to put himself through lengthy trials. Probably the latter.

I wouldn't be surprised.

What is the link between an actor, a publicist and a builder from Lancashire?

Bill Roach has been accused of raping a girl of 15 in 1967. Max Clifford has been charged with 11 counts of indecent assault between 1966 and 1985. Both men are highly public figures and both have vehemently protested their innocence.

Their accusers have legal anonymity.

Jason McCue, 34, was falsely accused by two teenage girls of ‘flashing’ at them in the street. They were convicted of perverting the course of justice and jailed for eight months jail by Preston Crown Court on Tuesday 30th April 2012 according to the Lancashire Evening Post.

But not befor he suffered a mental breakdown.

The false accusations have caused mayhem for him and his family, and the doctor has had to sign him off with depression. Things like this can ruin a man’s life and people should know the massive impact it’s had.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=587634

I dragged this back up just to remind some folk that a rape allegation doesn't mean the accused is guilty.

The web is full of false rape allegation that have resulted in trauma or even suicide for the accused.

Two people a month are being prosecuted for making false allegations of rape and wasting police time, new figures show.

It's the first time details for England and Wales have been compiled, showing how unusual the problem is.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) looked at a period of 17 months finding that in that time 35 people were charged.

Nottinghamshire Police have successfully prosecuted two women in the last 18 months for making false rape allegations.

no - a victim emailed a journalist who passed the info to the police, they publicized the arrest and loads of victims responded - hall denied them (of course) and quickly transferred his house ownership to avoid being sued - he later pleaded guilty.

there are more since and probably loads more in his 'career'. without the publicity, the case wouldn't have taken off.

The Deputy Speaker, Nigel Evans, has been arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault of two men, Sky Sources reveal.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/deputy-speaker-arrested-suspicion-rape-181755754.html#6Vyq3uh

Where will it all end?

Pentonville?

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 00:23 ----------

The Deputy Speaker, Nigel Evans, has been arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault of two men, Sky Sources reveal.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/deputy-speaker-arrested-suspicion-rape-181755754.html#6Vyq3uh

Where will it all end?

Oh dear just look at the sort of people the Tories have in their party. And we didn't even have to get it off of his Facebook page.

Where will it all end?

In a fair trial hopefully?

The fact that he has been arrested indicates that the police feel that they have a strong chance of securing a prosecution but "innocent until proven guilty" and all that.

Why did you ignore the rest of the post?

It wasn't relevant.

You mean he ripped you apart and showed you exactly for what you are..a tiresome bore who grinds debate consistently with evasive answers and totally unrelated links. He's trying to communicate with you and all you can come up with "it wasn't relevant" when it quite clearly was. It's obvious you didn't have the decency to read the link..to busy thrashing about on your keyboard.

Archived