Leading Tory Nigel Evans arrested for rape and sexual assault

Pot, kettle....

For the record MrSmith stopped posting last autumn after being embarrassed about making quite a few posts about paedophiles just being misunderstood people. He then started posting as MaxMaximus but reverted to MrSmith when it became clear that he was fooling no one with his ID change.

A few people on here, you included, seem to think that rape and sexual abuse trials are more about compensation, revenge and gold-digging than about rape and sexual abuse.

Wrong again, my ability to empathise with people of differing sexualities doesn't embarrass me, nor was it the reason I stopped posting. You should send your concerns to the help desk.

I don't think the police should publish the names of the accused; an accused person should be afforded the same protection and anonymity as the accuser.

The accused could be the victim of a malicious accusation.

People should at least wait until his is charged before preparing the gallows.

wednesday1 how many links to Labour MP's falling foul of the law have you posted to date?

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 21:19 ----------

I don't think the police should publish the names of the accused; an accused person should be afforded the same protection and anonymity as the accuser.

The accused could be the victim of a malicious accusation.

Something Labour want to ban

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10322162

Pot, kettle....

For the record MrSmith stopped posting last autumn after being embarrassed about making quite a few posts about paedophiles just being misunderstood people. He then started posting as MaxMaximus but reverted to MrSmith when it became clear that he was fooling no one with his ID change.

A few people on here, you included, seem to think that rape and sexual abuse trials are more about compensation, revenge and gold-digging than about rape and sexual abuse.

Both occasions you quoted me are in direct answer to other posts, not casting aspersions or name calling.

Try again.

Personally I feel it should be illegal to publish the names of anyone arrested for any crime. Only once they are charged should their name become known to the general public.

Some say that making his name public could bring out other people he has attacked, but that does nothing for the crime he is supposed to have committed. If he had raped someone else 10 years previous, that does not mean he did it this time. Nor does it make him any more or less guilty of this crime. Michael Philpott for example was convicted of the crime that killed his children by a jury. That jury was not told of his previous violent crimes. They had to convict him of his crime in isolation to his past.

I know its not a perfect world, but why does rape have this difference from any other crime? Should shop lifters have their names published if they are arrested just in case the perp has stolen from other shops too?

Wrong again, my ability to empathise with people of differing sexualities doesn't embarrass me, nor was it the reason I stopped posting. You should send your concerns to the help desk.

Paedophilia is not a sexuality like homosexuality. Jesus wept, what next? They can't help it? Poor things. Have you ever had any dealings with convicted child sex offenders?

Paedophilia is not a sexuality like homosexuality. Jesus wept, what next? They can't help it? Poor things. Have you ever had any dealings with convicted child sex offenders?

You clearly know very little about it.

What is your expertise in this area then?

By the way, I beg to differ. I have worked with organisations that deal with child sex offenders, spoken to them and sex offender probation officers. CSAs try to manipulate adults the same way that they do children, with the "I can't help it" line. It is all part of their grooming MO.

What is your expertise in this area then?

By the way, I beg to differ. I have worked with organisations that deal with child sex offenders, spoken to them and sex offender probation officers.

No idea why you think working with sex offender qualifies you to determine someone’s sexuality.

I don't claim to be an expert in psychology but I think child abuse is regarded by experts as a 'paraphilia'. Paraphilias are:

"intense, recurring sexual fantasies, sexual urges or behaviours".

In that sense it isn't an orientation, like being hetero, homo, or bi. Paedophiles can be either on the gay / straight continuum.

Saying "I can't help it" removes choice and agency from the paedophile

No idea why you think working with sex offender qualifies you to determine someone’s sexuality.

It is not a sexuality/sexual preference in the way that you are describing it. If it were, how come so many are able to have functional relationships with adults? So I ask again, what is your expertise?

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 22:39 ----------

I don't claim to be an expert in psychology but I think child abuse is regarded by experts as a 'paraphilia'. Paraphilias are:

"intense, recurring sexual fantasies, sexual urges or behaviours".

In that sense it isn't an orientation, like being hetero, homo, or bi. Paedophiles can be either on the gay / straight continuum.

Saying "I can't help it" removes choice and agency from the paedophile

Quite. And the usual follow on from "I can't help it" is the child enjoys it line.

Archived