Immigrants in the uk

I know a several young men that tried to get jobs in car washes but sadly none of them got a job.

Whooosh!, like clockwork.

Several eh. You sure you didn't just make that up to muscle in and bore the living daylight of us with more immigrant world population domination babble.

Out of interest, how did you know that they were immigrants?

We all are, if you go back far enough - Angles and Saxons and whatever

How many 2nd and third generation Kosovans and Romanians do you know ?

How does the employer know that. Maybe the reluctance to give British people jobs is a result of the rhetoric about people not willing to work hard, happier to scrounge etc...

Using the Daily Mail rhetoric risks tarring everybody with the same brush.

Whats the Daily Mail rhetoric?

Whats the Daily Mail rhetoric?

Young British workers are lazy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2130754/Young-UK-workers-lack-beat-foreigners-employment-minister-warns.html

If the government says this and the Daily Mail is happy to repeat it then it's going to stick.

I'm sorry the people you know couldn't get in at the car wash but maybe it isn't their fault.

Young British workers are lazy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2130754/Young-UK-workers-lack-beat-foreigners-employment-minister-warns.html

If the government says this and the Daily Mail is happy to repeat it then it's going to stick.

I'm sorry the people you know couldn't get in at the car wash but maybe it isn't their fault.

OK thanks maybe its time the governmnet did something about it.

Chris Grayling said British-born youngsters simply could not trump the experience of older foreign workers flocking to the UK.

The 'deep-rooted problem' meant employers 'very often' gave jobs to foreigners.

I drove through Page Hall, my childhood neighbourhood, it looks like something from another country. Scores of track suite wearing Eastern Europeans (why their track suits never fit is a mystery) They're followed by their pot bellied women who look like a good wash is needed.. All the old local shops gone, pubs closed, or closing.... A no go area at night... White flight... What a complete mess...

My Bold=

It is not a no go area at night although I agree with the rest of what you say.

OK thanks maybe its time the governmnet did something about it.

Unfortunatly this government or the last wont be doing anything about it and come election time they will find out just how peeved off people are in this country of being second class in their own country.

They have had the warning this week,im sure theres plenty more to come...

Unfortunatly this government or the last wont be doing anything about it and come election time they will find out just how peeved off people are in this country of being second class in their own country.

What makes you think you're second class? That's a misdirected example of self loathing..'you' run the bleedin country!

...and because it is seen as one of the most menial of tasks, it is not worthy of much money, so the task goes to the lowest on the economic ladder (or pyramid is more apt)

If it were valued more, we wouldn't be lazy about it

It is a menial task, it's unskilled labour. It's not lazy to choose to pay someone to do something for you.

Which also answers the OP's question "Why have these people washing their cars?"

If the OP pays enough, I am sure Alan Sugar will do the job personally.

[1] Gardening (well) and plastering involve an amount of skill. We pay a professional plasterer because we don't want to make a pigs ear of it ourselves

You couldn't learn?

[2] Proportionally, not many people in the inner cites have the space to be self-sufficient on a personal level. They have the space to keep a bucket and sponge. Growing veg is a different thing altogether.

Not really. I'm sure the list could go on.

A cleaner for your house, a taxi (ie someone to drive you).

Choosing to pay for something is no laziness.

FWIW, I am also too bone idle to clean my car (I'd rather grow an amount of veg in my limited space). I'm also too tight to pay someone to do it

I can't object to you labelling yourself, but you are wrong to use that generalisation and label everyone else who pays for a car wash.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 07:27 ----------

I drove through Page Hall, my childhood neighbourhood, it looks like something from another country. Scores of track suite wearing Eastern Europeans (why their track suits never fit is a mystery) They're followed by their pot bellied women who look like a good wash is needed.. All the old local shops gone, pubs closed, or closing.... A no go area at night... White flight... What a complete mess...

You can identify an east european from a distance whilst driving your car?

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 07:31 ----------

Been to Sainsbury's for the last couple of years? Notice that the car washers/beggars all look Eastern European and can hardly speak English?

Sadly as they pester you when you alight from your car there's no option to have them flogged.

Is Sainburys special? I tend to use Tescos and there aren't any beggars or car washers at any of the local branches.

I was asking the OP though, how they'd identified all these car washers as immigrants... He apparently did it from a distance without hearing the people...

Yet the government seems happy to pick on most people, from hard-working families with kids regardless of their social background, council tenants, the unemployed, the disabled, security forces, the NHS and the civil service at large to name but a few. There must be one hell of a bribe being planned for 2015 to get people to vote Conservative.

Archived