Immigrants in the uk

Quote:

Originally Posted by n727eet

overheard a conversation commenting on how many are in England now, then saw the person driving in to a car wash, immigrants cleaning the cars. Why have these people washing their cars?

I think that immigrants are prepared to do the jobs that the bone idle in this country wont get off their sofas to do!

Theres no Jeremy Kyle at work!

if by the phrase bone idol you mean the English as opposed to immigrants,go and start a car wash business up and try to employ the English over the immigrants...I guarantee your business won't last two weeks..ever heard of the ice cream wars of the 60's--delete ice cream,insert car wash

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

if by the phrase bone idol you mean the English as opposed to immigrants,go and start a car wash business up and try to employ the English over the immigrants...I guarantee your business won't last two weeks..ever heard of the ice cream wars of the 60's--delete ice cream,insert car wash

Ooo, more innuendo and propaganda Glamrocker.

What you're suggesting is illegal activity, are people really deterred from pursuing a living and supporting their families by threatening behaviour even if it does exist?

There are car wash businesses operated by petrol stations which employ English people, I wonder how they survive with all these immigrants running around threatening them with a fingers through the mangle experience?

I wasn't born yesterday MrSmith, the one advantage I have over Xt500 is that being the offspring of a 1st generation immigrant who was a single mother, I subsequently became a business owner and employer so I've seen both sides of the coin he refers to.

I lived as a child on Skinnerthorpe Road, Firvale being popular with immigrants from the Caribbean at the time, who moved on as they established themselves. The first property I bought for myself in the early 80's was in Nether Edge, popular with Asians as you know.

I've since been fortunate to live in the leafier suburbs, but that doesn't mean I've no idea of what Xt500 is talking about, and to generalise about immigrants as he seems to is perversely wrong..they are just like the rest of us, they want the best for their families, some are shirkers and some are keen on self improvement after all anyone with the gumption to leave their country of origin and their families behind must have something about them in terms of motivation.

Where is the generalisation?

I said exactly what I see on a day to day basis,that isn't generalisation its god dam FACT!

The fact is that I get into places you never will and lots of them and I know what I see. What I see is jobs all the way up the ladder to management being done by immigrants.

I and many others are sick and tired of hearing you and others play down the seriousness of the situation while trying to make out anyone not working in the UK is a shirker when actually there should be plenty of jobs but there isn't cos they are being done by many who cant even speak English,dont give 2 hoops about the UK other than what they can get.

I guess you wont be voting for UKIP but one of the other 2 that will never dare to give people of THIS country a vote on what they think of the EU and the massive stream of immigrants.

Many wont say how they feel for fear of being made out to be racist when they are far from it, but be assured they want that vote and fast!

Ps I for one am not bothered about hearing your life story, its irrelevant to whats being said.

Funny isn't it, we have to be the most generous people on earth yet what thanks do we get, immigrants calling us shirkers!

I wasn't born yesterday MrSmith, the one advantage I have over Xt500 is that being the offspring of a 1st generation immigrant who was a single mother, I subsequently became a business owner and employer so I've seen both sides of the coin he refers to.

I lived as a child on Skinnerthorpe Road, Firvale being popular with immigrants from the Caribbean at the time, who moved on as they established themselves. The first property I bought for myself in the early 80's was in Nether Edge, popular with Asians as you know.

I've since been fortunate to live in the leafier suburbs, but that doesn't mean I've no idea of what Xt500 is talking about, and to generalise about immigrants as he seems to is perversely wrong..they are just like the rest of us, they want the best for their families, some are shirkers and some are keen on self improvement after all anyone with the gumption to leave their country of origin and their families behind must have something about them in terms of motivation.

I didn’t see anything in the contrary in Xt500 post.

The fact is that I get into places you never will and lots of them and I know what I see. What I see is jobs all the way up the ladder to management being done by immigrants.
How the hell can you comment on what my experiences have and haven't been?

Funny isn't it, we have to be the most generous people on earth yet what thanks do we get, immigrants calling us shirkers!

Sorry, where has an immigrant called you a shirker?

How the hell can you comment on what my experiences have and haven't been? Sorry, where has an immigrant called you a shirker?

In just the same way as you do!

please don't turn this into yet another BF thread!!

Ooo, more innuendo and propaganda Glamrocker.

What you're suggesting is illegal activity, are people really deterred from pursuing a living and supporting their families by threatening behaviour even if it does exist?

There are car wash businesses operated by petrol stations which employ English people, I wonder how they survive with all these immigrants running around threatening them with a fingers through the mangle experience?

Im not on about the garage businesses that operate car washes ,Im on about the cowboy businesses that are popping up all over the place,obviously by your comments you seem to know nothing about what goes on on the streets ,dont worry about it by other posters comments it shows youre not on your own'

i wonder how many of these businesses and employees pay NI and tax.

Im not on about the garage businesses that operate car washes ,Im on about the cowboy businesses that are popping up all over the place,obviously by your comments you seem to know nothing about what goes on on the streets ,dont worry about it by other posters comments it shows youre not on your own'

Nicely vague there Glammy. What about them? Too many swarthy foreign types for your delicate sensibilities?

Talk about naïve.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 21:13 ----------

Wait until they've had a another couple of generations to breed, fed by our benefits system. Oh happy days, NZ here I come.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 21:16 ----------

Do you really walk round with your eyes closed, or do you just love the idea of our society being pulled into the drain by excessive immigration, non-English people becoming the majority, increased crime and our very national identity destroyed?

Then you'd be an immigrant of NZ. So what's your problem? :loopy:

It's not really about what I know it's about challenging wild speculation which you seem to be engaging in.

Innuendo such as 'I wonder how many of these businesses and employees pay NI and tax' is meaningless, there are systems in place to detect that and if they're not working effectively it won't just be foreigners who are defrauding the system.

Archived