More Israeli airstrikes on Damascus.

BEIRUT, Lebanon — A series of powerful explosions rocked the outskirts of Damascus early Sunday morning, which Syrian state television said was the result of Israeli missile attacks on a Syrian military installation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/05/world/middleeast/israel-syria.html?_r=0

Where is this all going?

I fear if we help the rebels they will in turn bite us. If we don't Assad eventually will.

it is anything to do with the UK at all so I don't really know where the 'us' comes in. It's just the Israelis trying to cut off Hizbullah's supply line in what may turn out to be the Iranian's last gasp attempt to get advanced weaponry over to them. Weaponry which may not be used only against the Israelis, but by Hizbullah against the Sunni Syrian militias that are also their enemies.

it is anything to do with the UK at all so I don't really know where the 'us' comes in. It's just the Israelis trying to cut off Hizbullah's supply line in what may turn out to be the Iranian's last gasp attempt to get advanced weaponry over to them. Weaponry which may not be used only against the Israelis, but by Hizbullah against the Sunni Syrian militias that are also their enemies.

The us refers to us because there are discussions as to whether we should supply arms to Syrian rebels.

The us refers to us because there are discussions as to whether we should supply arms to Syrian rebels.

but this isn't anything to with that. It's to do with the Israelis trying to limit Iran supplying Hizbullah in Lebanon with the kind of rockets that they would like to attack Israel with.

The Israelis have been very open that if arms are smuggled to the hizbis they'll get hit en route. Nice to see ha Mossad are on the ball with the when and where.

Israel, the nuclear armed to the teeth state that doesn't let the weapons inspectors in to check its arms yet here it is firing at supposed weapons smuggling and nobody bats an eyelid.

What a bunch of hypocrites including you andygardener but your bias when it comes to Israel is well known. :roll:

Israel, the nuclear armed to the teeth state that doesn't let the weapons inspectors in to check its arms yet here it is firing at supposed weapons smuggling and nobody bats an eyelid.

What a bunch of hypocrites including you andygardener but your bias when it comes to Israel is well known. :roll:

I live in a very nice neighborhood and I'm armed to the teeth just in case, so given they live in a rather rough neighborhood it would be a tad hypocritical of me to criticise them for ensuring if the neighbors kick off (as they have many times before) they can give them a good shoeing.

Obama hasn't been such a slouch after all on the Middle East. He's got Israel and Turkey involved together again and also opened up more already existing channels between Israel and the 'cooler' Gulf lot. And made clear he is not happy about Iran. In common with most people in the Middle East.

We should thank the Israelis, they've probably just put an end to the civil war. The Syrians will forget about all the killing of each other and Syria will become united against aggressors Israel, because if there is one thing they all hate more than each other, it's Israel.

And your bias against them is well know too. I look at it this way. Israel has never attacked this country so if they wipe out a few muslim terrorists they are protecting our back door.

Archived