UK decline - people borrowing money to buy food.

Nothing like a benefit bashing right wing hater thread to brighten up a Sunday afternoon.

Some right wingers might say that we need to create more wealth in order to have more money in order to help the poor; I would say that we already have enough money, its just a matter of creating a society where by people can look after each other and not become dependant on the state.

Some right wingers might say that we need to create more wealth in order to have more money in order to help the poor; I would say that we already have enough money, its just a matter of creating a society where by people can look after each other and not become dependant on the state.

Some right wingers have probably had a big Sunday dinner, drunk too much cheap booze, read the Mail on Sunday, worked themselves into a rage and then decided to post on SheffieldForum.

Though judging by the comments of right wingers on Sheffield Forum, the looking after of others is something that they expect others to do, not themselves.

I remember Margaret Thatcher making such comments in the 1980s, I don't remember many right wingers opening their doors to the homeless, or needy at that time either.

The young people I know (myself included) are actively growing fruit and vegetables on any land they can get hold of!

The best policy then would be to evict social housing tenants that have gardens but don't use them and give the house to someone that needs it and will use the garden.

you can bet most of the people who go to the food banks have got the latest I-phone and the rest of the gadgets if they can afford that then they can afford to buy food :suspect::suspect::suspect:

what annoys me is the ones who have no money for food for their kids, but have money for cigs.

The young people I know (myself included) are actively growing fruit and vegetables on any land they can get hold of!

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 15:20 ----------

Please leave your name and number after the tone...

An agency won't employ somebody without a telephone. How are they to contact the prospective employee!

You do seem to have a knack of avoiding any comments that don't fit in with your view of things.

Go around the large council estates. You may see some that are well maintained but pound to a pinch is ****, the majority are a wasteland and none have any veg growing in them.

What would you say is the reason for that?

Who are you going to blame?landlords? Council?bus drivers? Police?landowners? Come on, give us something new.

As a nation we are supposed to be getting fatter, yet we can't afford food?

What does that tell you??

This speaks volumes to me. We can't afford to buy real food, such as organic veg and meat. So we buy cheap crap from supermarkets.

Supermarkets are the main problem with modern life. They are to blame for more than you think.

They pepper us with BOGOF offers on crap. They cheat us with their price reductions, that aren't really price reductions. They pur sweets and chocolate next to the tills because they know that's where they are most likely to sell them to children.

Tesco (to drop a name) didn't even know that they were selling horse meat in their burgers for crying out loud!!

No wonder we are getting fatter as a nation when our food supply is controlled by a bunch of greedy, selfish, ignorant b*****rd like Tesco & chums.

---------- Post added 06-05-2013 at 23:11 ----------

You do seem to have a knack of avoiding any comments that don't fit in with your view of things.

Go around the large council estates. You may see some that are well maintained but pound to a pinch is ****, the majority are a wasteland and none have any veg growing in them.

What would you say is the reason for that?

Who are you going to blame?landlords? Council?bus drivers? Police?landowners? Come on, give us something new.

To grow your own veg you need money. Ideally you need land too. A window box isn't g=enough for growing carrots or tomatoes.

Most council estates are lacking in land and usually have flats. Also, compost isn't cheap. Plus, despite what you might think. People who live in council accommodation (not everyone, granted) also work and may not have enough time to grow their own veg.

What would you say is the reason for that? Who are you going to blame?landlords? Council?bus drivers? Police?landowners? Come on, give us something new.

Go round lots of streets that are privately owned and I doubt you'd see many more vegetable patches either.

You don't know the circumstances of people living in council homes that have gardens which aren't up to your standard.

But back to the theme of the thread, the Which research showed that families with incomes up to the average wage are borrowing money to buy food too. So it is not the usual scapegoats, the poorest that are alone in this.

Archived