Griddle Pans & Woks

Hello, some of the non stick on my pan is coming off and the non stick in particular is rather poor so am looking for a replacement.

I would love to get a tiny griddle pan to fit a few steaks on just for me and am looking for a big wok preferably with lid.

I have heard that carbon steel is best for woks but you need to season them and am wondering if you can buy pre seasoned for best no stick.

I have heard that carbon steel is best for woks but you need to season them and am wondering if you can buy pre seasoned for best no stick.
I've never heard of it but I wouldn't be surprised if you could.

That said its not hard to season them.

It's not hard to season a proper steel wok, get one from one of the Chinese supermarkets. Once the non stick coating starts wearing out on any cookware you should bin it, that stuff is toxic, you don't want it in your food.

I bought a carbon steel wok from a chinese shop on London Rd (near pho 68 ), but I think they're all pretty much the same. Cheap, and protected once seasoned. No worries about a non-stick surface flaking off over time and mis-use.

Edit. It should say pho sixty eight, but it appears to print a smiley

Another edit: Thanks for that, medusa.

It's not hard to season a proper steel wok, get one from one of the Chinese supermarkets. Once the non stick coating starts wearing out on any cookware you should bin it, that stuff is toxic, you don't want it in your food.

Also, have you noticed these cooks on tv using metal utensils in the non stick pans and these people call themselves professionals. :loopy::roll:

Archived