Rentier parasites putting productive workers out of work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320046/Home-DIY-spending-takes-hammering-Spending-improvements-falls-fifth-year-row.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Ten years ago it was natural - even expected - to spend bank holidays up a ladder wielding a paintbrush or hammer.

However, it seems the nation has turned its back on DIY after growing tired with all the expense and effort involved.

Spending on home make-overs has fallen for five years in a row and is a now one third below the peak of 2004, according to figures published today.

Home improvement market peaked with home ownership in the early 2000s.

Since then, increasing amounts of rentier parasites (buy to let crowd, usurers), have been putting productive workers out of work.

My friends in the private rented sector generally have clauses in their contracts forbidding them from decorating. They pay massive amounts in rent for their little slaveboxes and cannot do anything with them. So whilst they may be prepared to spend money jazzing up their little slavebox, they are forbidden. And their landlord master have no incentive to spend money and kit out properties with cheap tat and magnolia paint.

Yet friends in the social rented sector whose slaveboxes are generally bigger, because property was built with the need of human dignity and happiness in mind do spend oney on DIY etc., these people who have security of tenure and rights to treat their home as a home, do treat their home as a home, and improve it wherever possible

Friends who own homes, also spend money on their homes to improve them, unless they are struggling with mortgage payments to the rentier parasites known as the banks.

If it wasn't for the rentier parasites, people would be spending their money on improving properties, and investing in businesses etc./

Instead, rentier parasites suck the life out of the economy via rents and interest.

The common man cannot form nor accumulate capital, because he must first feed the host, for the permission to participate in the rigged market. The rentier parasites bleed him dry, and in turn the economy. These rentier parasites are destroying our society.

Surely DIY, rather than employing say a decorator, puts people out of work.

And like muddycoffee says - the fall in DIY is due to less houses being sold and people having less money to spend generally.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320046/Home-DIY-spending-takes-hammering-Spending-improvements-falls-fifth-year-row.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Home improvement market peaked with home ownership in the early 2000s.

Since then, increasing amounts of rentier parasites (buy to let crowd, usurers), have been putting productive workers out of work.

My friends in the private rented sector generally have clauses in their contracts forbidding them from decorating. They pay massive amounts in rent for their little slaveboxes and cannot do anything with them. So whilst they may be prepared to spend money jazzing up their little slavebox, they are forbidden. And their landlord master have no incentive to spend money and kit out properties with cheap tat and magnolia paint.

Yet friends in the social rented sector whose slaveboxes are generally bigger, because property was built with the need of human dignity and happiness in mind do spend oney on DIY etc., these people who have security of tenure and rights to treat their home as a home, do treat their home as a home, and improve it wherever possible

Friends who own homes, also spend money on their homes to improve them, unless they are struggling with mortgage payments to the rentier parasites known as the banks.

If it wasn't for the rentier parasites, people would be spending their money on improving properties, and investing in businesses etc./

Instead, rentier parasites suck the life out of the economy via rents and interest.

The common man cannot form nor accumulate capital, because he must first feed the host, for the permission to participate in the rigged market. The rentier parasites bleed him dry, and in turn the economy. These rentier parasites are destroying our society.

Buy to let is a massive drain on the economy, landlords spend very little on their rental properties and tenants spend even less.

Buy to let is a massive drain on the economy, landlords spend very little on their rental properties and tenants spend even less.

if they aren't spending money on the properties then they must be spending it on something else so the effect is economically neutral

if they aren't spending money on the properties then they must be spending it on something else so the effect is economically neutral

The tenants are spending it on rent; the landlords are spending it on foreign holidays which doesn't help our economy much.

Owners on the other hand spend money in garden centres, DIY shop, carpet shops, they fit new kitchens and bathrooms employing local tradesmen, they build extensions employing local builders and because of this they spend less on foreign holidays so keeping the money in the UK.

Even if you've got a council home, you can't do what you like:

Can I make alterations to my Council home?

Yes, you can, provided you get prior written permission from the Council. We will not refuse permission unless there is a good reason, for example, a need for planning permission or a breach of building regulations.

[back to Top]

What type of improvements would I be allowed to do?

Such improvements might include for example: showers, new windows, kitchen or bathroom, central heating, a porch, a new wall or fence or patio etc. You would not be allowed to make alterations that reduce the bedroom size or number of rooms in a property. Thus, knocking one room into another is not permitted.

[back to Top]

Would any conditions be attached to the permission?

When permission is given, the council may attach conditions to the permission, such as the way in which the work is carried out or the maximum height or position of a wall, etc. Also, when you vacate the property, the council may require you to re-instate it as it was at the start of your tenancy or pay the council to carry out the work on your behalf. You will be advised about this at the time you apply for permission.

[back to Top]

How do I apply for permission to make alterations?

In writing through your Local Office. You should include as much information as possible, such as, a scale plan giving dimensions, materials to be used, who will carry out the work, etc. If planning permission or Building Control approval is needed, it will be your responsibility to obtain these.

[back to Top]

Is there anything else I need to know?

Yes, if damage is caused during, or as a result of your alterations, you will either have to make it good or the cost of doing so will be re-charged to you by the council.

[back to Top]

What can I do if my application for permission is refused?

You have the right to dispute the reasonableness of a refusal or any conditions we might try to attach to your request. You may use the council's complaints procedure to do this.

[back to Top]

If I have made improvements and then move home will I be compensated?

You could be. The Council operates a scheme of compensation for tenants who carry out improvements to their home in accordance with S99A of the Housing Act 1985. If applicable, this would become payable at the end of the tenancy. Further information can be obtained through your Local Office.

This is not from Sheffield's site, but I would think they have similar rules.

I'll have you know my tenants have my permission to decorate my house any way they like on the proviso that if it is too gaudy they throw a coat of magnolia on it when they leave.

And to **** on your bonfire, I spent in excess of £2000 in DIY to bring my property up to a high standard to make it nice for my tenants.

I will redecorate the whole property when they move out.

Now, do you spend or do that much to your house on a yearly basis.

I'll have you know my tenants have my permission to decorate my house any way they like on the proviso that if it is too gaudy they throw a coat of magnolia on it when they leave.

And to **** on your bonfire, I spent in excess of £2000 in DIY to bring my property up to a high standard to make it nice for my tenants.

I will redecorate the whole property when they move out.

Now, do you spend or do that much to your house on a yearly basis.

Yes well over, and you clearly arn't the norm when it comes to buy to let.

My apologies, but it really irks me when chemist abuses people for owning a second property and renting it out when he knows nothing of anyone's history and their reasons for having a second house.

How dare he call someone a parasite when, as I say he knows nothing about their circumstances.

Especially when I don't actually make a profit or living from it?

If I had made a similar comment about him it would have been deletded as it seems since his histrionics a couple of weeks ago where he left the forum, no one is allowed to upset him.

At least if I had said I was leaving the forum, I would have had more self respect than to return a short while later with my tail between my legs.

Archived