Rentier parasites putting productive workers out of work.

First word of the title, it's the chemist on his "crusade" about rental properties...

Second line, yep it's his parasites abuse that he trots out..

So if I'm taking rent off people to live in houses, (that I let them decorate how they like within reason) that's bad...

But you think it's ok for people to rent you land to use and grow stuff on right? That's not being a parasite at all?

Don;t bother answering, I ask merely for ilustration. I wouldn't want you to think too hard.

I don't think it is ok for people to rent me land. But if I am to use land, I think it fair I should pay a tax to everyone else, because they can no longer use the land, in order to compensate them.

If you funded the building of a house, and sold the building or rented it out, it'd be ok. As long as other people had the freedom to build to undercut other landlords and drive rents down to build cost.

I am happy to rent land from the council for the time being, but I would rather the rents were shared equally among all local residents.

Where on earth is land free for anyone to take it?

The eskimo,s might have some freedom but even that land will be controlled by some Country.

As I remember what family members have moved into social housing, before they did the Council re-decorated the property. As for those I know who have vacated Council property they have been given a bill for damages. One was for damaged doors the other was for raising the front garden to create off road parking. The wall they built was not safe.

I don't think it is ok for people to rent me land. But if I am to use land, I think it fair I should pay a tax to everyone else, because they can no longer use the land, in order to compensate them.

If you funded the building of a house, and sold the building or rented it out, it'd be ok. As long as other people had the freedom to build to undercut other landlords and drive rents down to build cost.

I am happy to rent land from the council for the time being, but I would rather the rents were shared equally among all local residents.

Once again you avoid any arguments that negate your drivel.

Where in the article does it state that the drop in spending on DIY is down to 'parasite renters?'

If I missed it please point it out to me.

Or have you just made it up to have another rant at people who rent out a property?

Ps I don't expect a reply.

Man A builds house and lives in it til he dies. He's funded the use of the house and the building.

I buy the house, and rent it out. My buying it is merely the capital invested in building it, shifted through time.

Or do you insist that I have to knock it down again and rebuild it? Because that's what your frankly incoherent argument is stating. Just remember that land is not an infinite resource.

Home improvement market peaked with home ownership in the early 2000s.

Since then, increasing amounts of rentier parasites (buy to let crowd, usurers), have been putting productive workers out of work.

That's a pretty big assumption that buy to let has caused this.

The article cites not having the money or the skills to do the work.

Archived