Never thought Tarbuck was funny.

Oh troll off.

Check out Rape Crisis. That is how we know. Or have you wilfully ignored all the evidence I have posted on this forum, eh?

Those figures would be about accusations of rape, but until a jury finds the accused guilty of rape beyond reasonable doubt we can’t really count them as rape statistics.

Do you regularly engage with "nice young ladies" and discuss respective sex lives?

There’s nothing wrong with discussing sex with friends, it isn't an embarrassing or taboo subject.

Those figures would be about accusations of rape, but until a jury finds the accused guilty of rape beyond reasonable doubt we can’t really count them as rape statistics.

I think that we can. Why would a woman contact a rape crisis centre to report having been raped unless she's been raped?

There’s nothing wrong with discussing sex with friends, it isn't an embarrassing or taboo subject.

It is estimated that at least 5% of reported rapes never happened. This is a real problem for a celeb in one of these high profile ancient cases because it is all but impossible to provide an alibi for what you were doing 40 years ago, but pretty easy for a fit up artist to look on the internet to find where that celeb might be on a certain day. So fabricating a story of sexual assault is pretty easy and all but impossible to defend.

Of course when the police go public with the initial allegation the glory seekers come out of the cracks in the woodwork. So it isn't difficult to imagine a celeb having half a dozen sexual assault allegations when they never actually committed any.

So although I suspect that Stuart Hall may well have done some misdeeds, I'm not 100% certain that he's not the victim of a good old British polce stitch up.

Yes he has pleaded guilty, but faced with overwhelming accusations and absolutely no chance to defend one's self any self respecting lawyer would advise his client to do the same.

I see, so perhaps we should apply that rule to all crimes where the perp is not apprehended or convicted. Muggings, burglary, arson, murder. It doesn't make them any less of a crime.

You should have said friend then rather than implying it was a random woman you spoke to about fending off her husband's advances.

I think that we can. Why would a woman contact a rape crisis centre to report having been raped unless she's been raped?

I have no idea but clearly they do it anyway.

Men SHOULD be afforded anonymity in rape trials - it's a human right': High Court judge Maura McGowan is correct.

Even UK charity Rape Crisis admit that almost 1 in 10 rape allegations are fake. This means that, out of every 10,000 cases that go to trial, around 800 men will be named and shamed in the media. All of them innocent sons, nephews, husbands and fathers.

I don't know. But how would you explain this?

British Home Office study (2005)

A 2005 study, "A gap or a chasm? Attrition in reported rape cases" was the largest and most rigorous study to date commissioned by the British Home Office on UK rape crime, from the initial reporting of a rape through to legal prosecutions. The study was based on 2,643 sexual assault cases (Kelly, Lovett, and Regan, 2005). Of these, police departments classified 8% as false reports.[9]

I don't know. But how would you explain this?

British Home Office study (2005)

A 2005 study, "A gap or a chasm? Attrition in reported rape cases" was the largest and most rigorous study to date commissioned by the British Home Office on UK rape crime, from the initial reporting of a rape through to legal prosecutions. The study was based on 2,643 sexual assault cases (Kelly, Lovett, and Regan, 2005). Of these, police departments classified 8% as false reports.[9]

Wow, just 8%.

Not such a big deal as some people like to make out then.

So in terms of statistics..if it isn't a statistic, rape and abuse doesn't exist?

Since when did the SF and the WW community become your fwend?

Archived