Never thought Tarbuck was funny.

I had my kids 30 years ago and I can assure you I wouldn't have left them alone in the dressing room of a celebrity or anyone else’s room for that matter. Were the parents stood outside the door whilst their kids were being abused?

There you go again, blaming anyone but the abuser. Let the abuser take responsibility for their abuse, no one else

I never thought Tarbuck was funny either. What is clear by this thread these people have not a cat in hells chance of a fair trail.All the mentioned celebs are already guilty before a trail as started.If the general public who make up a jury think the same way as most people on this site I can not see how a fair trail can take place Every body as already made up their minds.What ever happened to innocent till found guilty.

At any trial, there will be plenty of opportunity for the judge to guide the jury regarding what is or isn't admissable. It might be hard to get a fair trial but I don't think it's impossible.

However, if people are found not guilty or if they are not even charged and there isn't a trial at all (because the police decide there is no case to answer or because there is not enough evidence for the CPS to proceed) then they will still be seen by many as guilty but not punished. What's left of their careers will be ruins, regardless.

I'm in two minds about this. The naming of Stuart Hall, after arrest following just one complaint, led to others coming forward, and ultimately resulted in a conviction which probably wouldn't have happened without the publicity. Conversely, publicised arrests that lead to nothing will still hurt someone who has never been found guilty of anything. Although not comfortable with this, on balance I think I come down in favour of publicising arrests. But if it comes to nothing, then we should be more accepting of the fact that the person has not been found guilty of anything.

There you go again, blaming anyone but the abuser. Let the abuser take responsibility for their abuse, no one else

I'm thinking as a parent and I was responsible for my children’s safety.

I had my kids 30 years ago and I can assure you I wouldn't have left them alone in the dressing room of a celebrity or anyone else’s room for that matter. Were the parents stood outside the door whilst their kids were being abused?

Good point,i agree.

Absolutely.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 22:32 ----------

I never thought Tarbuck was funny either. What is clear by this thread these people have not a cat in hells chance of a fair trail.All the mentioned celebs are already guilty before a trail as started.If the general public who make up a jury think the same way as most people on this site I can not see how a fair trail can take place Every body as already made up their minds.What ever happened to innocent till found guilty.

Why? Has Mark Bridger been afforded any discretions that Tarbuck hasn't? Last week they were showing us photos of inside his house and he's not a celebrity!

What is becoming VERY clear is that in many of these shocking cases young people HAVE come forward many years ago and they have not been taken seriously. We need to be asking questions about WHO has been protecting them and WHY? - Especially the ones that have gone on to wreck more lives after they had been initially reported.

I would like to know where the parents were during all this child abuse, I can't imagine that I would have ever left my kids alone with an adult I didn't personally know and trust.

What kind of parent allows a 9/10/11/12/13/14 year old into the dressing room of a celebrity without being present themselves?

Saville abused children in care & in hospital. Not every child has a parent to protect them 24/7.

Saville abused children in care & in hospital. Not every child has a parent to protect them 24/7.

Maybe Mr Smith is referring to the type of parent who judges everyone by their one standards? What kind of parent leaves a child in the care of their neighbour, best friend, grandparent? Childminder, teacher, scout leader? Priest? Doctor? I mean where will it end? Bad parents.

Absolutely.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 22:32 ----------

Why? Has Mark Bridger been afforded any discretions that Tarbuck hasn't? Last week they were showing us photos of inside his house and he's not a celebrity!

What is becoming VERY clear is that in many of these shocking cases young people HAVE come forward many years ago and they have not been taken seriously. We need to be asking questions about WHO has been protecting them and WHY? - Especially the ones that have gone on to wreck more lives after they had been initially reported.

Indeed. And given the reactions of some of the people on this forum, had they been in charge of the investigations in 2013, any complainants would have been sent away with a flea in their ear and told to man up or stop making false accusations for a bit of compo.

Archived