Never thought Tarbuck was funny.

Maybe we need to weed out these past victims who legitimately make compensation claims. Recognize these evil victims and welcome them into the community..at least that way we can all keep an eye on them so as to influence them not to make claims against their abusers.

Abusers have such a tough time these days..almost as much as evil child victims.

Settle down..no ones talking about legitimates,its just that some people wont believe that some "accusers" may not be on the straight and narrow.

I have no doubt that yes,some have been assaulted but this sentence seems to confirm my doubts has to others :-

"Mr Collins said he could not confirm whether all the victims seeking compensation formed part of the criminal court case."

If these people were not part of the criminal case will we see more charges leveled against Hall ?People are going to jump on the merry go round,like it or not ,sadly thats a trait of todays society of greed,the fact that they can claim anonymity in search of said claims is a major factor in their actions especially given the length of time passed,Im sure its very easy to trawl back through someones biography thats been arrested to find out where they were on a particular day,the blokes already been found guilty so who are the authorities going to believe ? I mean come on who was the first to be arrested in the Saville case ? quelle surprise Mr Gadd himself, he must be guilty because he was seen with Saville in the BBC studios,nothing to do with the fact that Saville was the number one disc jockey at the time and that Glitter was one of the biggest acts in the country.hes been a naughty boy, so yes, he must be guilty.

The prison system is full of devious men who look for the easy money ,but heres something that may surprise some people on here ,theres also womens prisons full of the same kind of person

So, where are the details of all of these people who have made false allegations of rape and child abuse in order to make money?

I do not deny for a second that it will probably be possible to unearth the odd case here and there.

It is also possible to unearth the odd case of people falling in love with bridges, cars and horses. That doesn't mean they are brought into every discussion about love.

We do not talk about insurance fraud every time somebody mentions that they have been burgled or been in a car crash.

It is damaging to introduce mistrust of those reporting sexual crimes by consistently associating them with an infintesimal minority of false and avaricious claims.

I agree Cilla Black is very grating - I bet she's only kept her Liverpool accent as she thinks it endears her to people. I bet first chance she had she moved to London or Wilslow or somewhere like that.

She sure did. Whenever she's wheeled out as a pundit on Liverpool she always goes on about how warm, friendly and wonderful the city and people are.

But not warm, friendly or wonderful enough to live near, it seems!

If a person has committed a crime they should be dealt with by the courts. This is justice and should give closure.

Compensation is another matter altogether.

Take 2 different cases.

Victim A is the victim of a famous rich person.

Victim B is the victim of a person with no assets.

In both cases the offender is found guilty.

Victim A sues and gets several thousands pounds.

Victim B sues and gets nothing.(if they do sue)

This is not fair or just.

Therefore justice should be seen to be done by the courts and if there is a claim for compensation it should be pursued through the Criminal Compensation Board.

I agree with most of what you say.But I remember the case of tv presenter and game host presenter John Leslie also the Hamiltons being arrested for allegations of a sexual nature.Both were found not guilty. but Leslies career was in tatters I cannot remember seeing him since.Also the woman from sheffield who made complaints about several men about two years ago she was found to be a serial complainer.Most of the men lost everything

To that list you could add Lord McAlpine. He too had his picture banded all over the tabloids because someone decided to accuse him of sexual assault. Fortunately folk like McAlpine have secretaries who keep a diary of his movements and it turns out he could prove he was no where near where he was alleged to have been. But how many lives and careers will be ruined because some limelight seekers are after their 15 minutes of fame and their compo?

If a person has committed a crime they should be dealt with by the courts. This is justice and should give closure.

Compensation is another matter altogether.

Take 2 different cases.

Victim A is the victim of a famous rich person.

Victim B is the victim of a person with no assets.

In both cases the offender is found guilty.

Victim A sues and gets several thousands pounds.

Victim B sues and gets nothing.(if they do sue)

This is not fair or just.

Therefore justice should be seen to be done by the courts and if there is a claim for compensation it should be pursued through the Criminal Compensation Board.

Removing the possibility of compensation from the equation also reduces the chance of people lying in order to obtain money.

To that list you could add Lord McAlpine. He too had his picture banded all over the tabloids because someone decided to accuse him of sexual assault. Fortunately folk like McAlpine have secretaries who keep a diary of his movements and it turns out he could prove he was no where near where he was alleged to have been. But how many lives and careers will be ruined because some limelight seekers are after their 15 minutes of fame and their compo?

According to certain people, that's acceptable collateral damage if it lets them nail just one more allegation down on someone.

When you get a celebrity, and you get a lot of shall we say impressionable girls/boys hanging around wanting an amorous affair, what happens? They dissappear off into a private dressing room and do what people have always been doing. S/he's fifteen, s/he's not, but s/he quite willingly went in there and told him/her s/he was sixteen. It happens like it or not, it always has.

Now thirty or forty years later, s/he needs a little money, and it's easy to jump on the bandwagon and claim "something bad" happened.... I'm sure that's going on as well right now. Cui bono....

Of course that doesn't mean that they are all like that- far from it. I'd suspect there is a considerable amount to come out in wash as it were and probably a lot more dirty laundry to be aired, but I'm shall we say nervous of the effects of unfounded allegations on people who are quite probably wholly innocent. Remember Operation Ore? This has the potential to be just as bad as that in it's way and it's right that people guard against that sort of thing, without closing their eyes to the real problems that do undoubtedly exist. I'm just glad that tricky job is not my task!

According to certain people, that's acceptable collateral damage if it lets them nail just one more allegation down on someone.

When you get a celebrity, and you get a lot of shall we say impressionable girls/boys hanging around wanting an amorous affair, what happens? They dissappear off into a private dressing room and do what people have always been doing. S/he's fifteen, s/he's not, but s/he quite willingly went in there and told him/her s/he was sixteen. It happens like it or not, it always has.

Now thirty or forty years later, s/he needs a little money, and it's easy to jump on the bandwagon and claim "something bad" happened.... I'm sure that's going on as well right now. Cui bono....

Of course that doesn't mean that they are all like that- far from it. I'd suspect there is a considerable amount to come out in wash as it were and probably a lot more dirty laundry to be aired, but I'm shall we say nervous of the effects of unfounded allegations on people who are quite probably wholly innocent. Remember Operation Ore? This has the potential to be just as bad as that in it's way and it's right that people guard against that sort of thing, without closing their eyes to the real problems that do undoubtedly exist. I'm just glad that tricky job is not my task!

Or. A young girl gets told by her mates/sister about them going into a celebs dressing room, and 40 years down the line she invents a tale about how they were there. How do you try to defend yourself from allegations made about one of the 10,000 performances that slipped from your conscious 39 years and 51 weeks before.

Its a really great way of getting justice. Some compo seeker claims abuse. The police splash it all over the press to see who comes forward and hey presto another dozen compo seekers come out from the cracks

Or. A young girl gets told by her mates/sister about them going into a celebs dressing room, and 40 years down the line she invents a tale about how they were there. How do you try to defend yourself from allegations made about one of the 10,000 performances that slipped from your conscious 39 years and 51 weeks before.

Its a really great way of getting justice. Some compo seeker claims abuse. The police splash it all over the press to see who comes forward and hey presto another dozen compo seekers come out from the cracks

Where is the evidence that malicious allegations made for financial reasons are a significant problem beyond the probable handful of cases that can be cited?

Where is the evidence that malicious allegations made for financial reasons are a significant problem beyond the probable handful of cases that can be cited?

Probably because of the amount of fraudulent insurance claims and fake accidents points to the fact that when money is involved there is a large group of people who will lie in order to get their hands on some of it.

Archived