Never thought Tarbuck was funny.

Probably because of the amount of fraudulent insurance claims and fake accidents points to the fact that when money is involved there is a large group of people who will lie in order to get their hands on some of it.

So that would be no evidence at all then would it?

So that would be no evidence at all then would it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/21016808

False rape claims 'devastating' say wrongly accused

Two people a month are being prosecuted for making false allegations of rape and wasting police time, new figures show.

It's the first time details for England and Wales have been compiled, showing how unusual the problem is.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) looked at a period of 17 months finding that in that time 35 people were charged.

Jason, 21, was accused of raping his ex-girlfriend.

"It was devastating," he said. "I was getting harassed outside of work, harassed in work, it's just terrifying.

"Someone approached me and told me to stay away from my ex or basically he'd come back and finish me off completely. He punched me twice in the face and once in the stomach."

Out of 159 suspected cases referred to the CPS, 35 ended in a prosecution.

Almost half of the accusers were aged under 21, some were under 16.

92% of those prosecuted were women.

98% of those accused of rape were men, and the majority were aged over 21.

84% of those making false claims identified their "attacker". One case saw a woman randomly accuse a man she saw on Facebook.

18% of those making false claims had "a mental health problem".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/21016808

False rape claims 'devastating' say wrongly accused

Two people a month are being prosecuted for making false allegations of rape and wasting police time, new figures show.

It's the first time details for England and Wales have been compiled, showing how unusual the problem is.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) looked at a period of 17 months finding that in that time 35 people were charged.

Jason, 21, was accused of raping his ex-girlfriend.

"It was devastating," he said. "I was getting harassed outside of work, harassed in work, it's just terrifying.

"Someone approached me and told me to stay away from my ex or basically he'd come back and finish me off completely. He punched me twice in the face and once in the stomach."

Out of 159 suspected cases referred to the CPS, 35 ended in a prosecution.

Almost half of the accusers were aged under 21, some were under 16.

92% of those prosecuted were women.

98% of those accused of rape were men, and the majority were aged over 21.

84% of those making false claims identified their "attacker". One case saw a woman randomly accuse a man she saw on Facebook.

18% of those making false claims had "a mental health problem".

Where is the evidence that malicious allegations made for financial reasons are a significant problem beyond the probable handful of cases that can be cited?

None of that evidence mentions false claims for compensatory reasons which I specifically asked you about. You had a lot to say about compensation but there seems to be little evidence to back it up.

Settle down..no ones talking about legitimates,its just that some people wont believe that some "accusers" may not be on the straight and narrow.

What people?

Anyone denying that false allegations don't exist would be a bit dim..you think?..in the same way anyone insisting that they do are also a bit dim..considering the evidence.

In order for you not to come under the heading of "dim" all you need to do now is point to the unbelievers. You're trying to prove a point that doesn't need proving..it's there to see, victims of false allegations exist..

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 17:14 ----------

None of that evidence mentions false claims for compensatory reasons which I specifically asked you about. You had a lot to say about compensation but there seems to be little evidence to back it up.

I think that "evidence" of compensation claim has been used a few times over the last few "celeb scandal threads" and never followed up with anything substantial, or anything for that matter.

I put it forward as a possible motive, but as statistics show that between 5-10% of rapes and sexual assaults are false accusations, that is an awful lot of folk who have their lives ruined by false claims. I will leave it to folk like you to find their reasons for these claims, because so far you have come up with nothing but hot air.

I put it forward as a possible motive, but as statistics show that between 5-10% of rapes and sexual assaults are false accusations, that is an awful lot of folk who have their lives ruined by false claims. I will leave it to folk like you to find their reasons for these claims, because so far you have come up with nothing but hot air.

I haven't attempted to find reasons for false claims. False claims are appalling and have no place.

What I have done is ask you to provide evidence to back up your claims about compo seekers.

You have failed.

Non of them were whiter than white. In the 1970s if you went to any show or gig the groupies (usually 13-15 year olds) would hang around the stage door wanting a piece of the celebrity. 40 years down the line there are a lot of 55 year old's claiming assault.

In 1970 when I was 15 years old I worked at the London Electricity Board in Shepherds Bush. In the offices there were quite a number of similar aged girls but to look at a lot of them you wouldn't have known they were only 15/16.

A popular haunt for them was the nearby BBC television studios especially when Top Of The Pops was being filmed.

If any of the celebrities are found guilty then they deserve to be punished but believe me these girls were far from little innocents.

I haven't attempted to find reasons for false claims. False claims are appalling and have no place.

What I have done is ask you to provide evidence to back up your claims about compo seekers.

You have failed.

What you say is YOU YOURSELF FAILED to find any evidence to either prove or disprove anything. I wasn't looking. It is you that has failed.

In 1970 when I was 15 years old I worked at the London Electricity Board in Shepherds Bush. In the offices there were quite a number of similar aged girls but to look at a lot of them you wouldn't have known they were only 15/16.

A popular haunt for them was the nearby BBC television studios especially when Top Of The Pops was being filmed.

If any of the celebrities are found guilty then they deserve to be punished but believe me these girls were far from little innocents.

Which is rather worrying when you consider a 15 yr old being able to recognise the difference and an adult not being able to.

Archived