Never thought Tarbuck was funny.

What you say is YOU YOURSELF FAILED to find any evidence to either prove or disprove anything. I wasn't looking. It is you that has failed.

mikem8634 has sensibly asked you to justify your suggestion that it is all about "compo seekers" and you can't.

There are indeed some unpleasant vindictive people who will lie about rape, and as mikem8634 said they are appalling, but if you think 2 prosecutions a month is evidence for "compo seekers" then think again. It's just evidence that there are some nasty people that lie about rape, at least 50 times less people than are actually raped if the prosecutions are anything to go on.

You're claim about "compo seekers" is despicable.

Which is rather worrying when you consider a 15 yr old being able to recognise the difference and an adult not being able to.

Have you actually read the post the above comment pertains to ?

---------- Post added 09-05-2013 at 00:51 ----------

So, where are the details of all of these people who have made false allegations of rape and child abuse in order to make money?

I do not deny for a second that it will probably be possible to unearth the odd case here and there.

It is also possible to unearth the odd case of people falling in love with bridges, cars and horses. That doesn't mean they are brought into every discussion about love.

We do not talk about insurance fraud every time somebody mentions that they have been burgled or been in a car crash.

It is damaging to introduce mistrust of those reporting sexual crimes by consistently associating them with an infintesimal minority of false and avaricious claims.

You wont find any evidence simple because of the rules of anonymity,I m not talking about rapes and abusing in general ,Im talking about when celebrities are involved,come on think about in the Saville case ,the TOTP studios were full of young girls ,30/40 years down the line if some say Saville abused them who is going to disbelieve them,hes already been proven to be a serial abuser what difference will a few more make,we are in a "claims" culture at the moment,remember the Fools and Horses episode where Uncle Albert "fell" down the hole simply to make some cash, that happens all the time,and before you say it was fiction it was actually based on the writers personal recollections of someone similar.This sort of thing is happening everyday so it stands to reason some smart alick/alice will be in there...Shannon Mathews ring a bell ? saw the McAnns raking it in so thought "hold on Ill have some of that" not a claim but the mindset was similar.Theres also the pop idol fantasy ,I wonder how many young girls were coerced into a sexual encounter by the promise of "I will love you forever" if you do,by their favourite teen idol and simply seek revenge for a percieved rejection,would that be classed as rape ,I dont know Im sure someone will inform me.

The BBC will end up paying out a undisclosed sum simply to kill the story hopefully the legitimate abused will get their cut ,and rightly so but i wouldnt mind betting there will be quite a few who benefit who were simply there in the audiences and were smart enough to see which way the tide was..Human Nature,the principle of greed.

Have you actually read the post the above comment pertains to ?

---------- Post added 09-05-2013 at 00:51 ----------

You wont find any evidence simple because of the rules of anonymity,I m not talking about rapes and abusing in general ,Im talking about when celebrities are involved,come on think about in the Saville case ,the TOTP studios were full of young girls ,30/40 years down the line if some say Saville abused them who is going to disbelieve them,hes already been proven to be a serial abuser what difference will a few more make,we are in a "claims" culture at the moment,remember the Fools and Horses episode where Uncle Albert "fell" down the hole simply to make some cash, that happens all the time,and before you say it was fiction it was actually based on the writers personal recollections of someone similar.This sort of thing is happening everyday so it stands to reason some smart alick/alice will be in there...Shannon Mathews ring a bell ? saw the McAnns raking it in so thought "hold on Ill have some of that" not a claim but the mindset was similar.Theres also the pop idol fantasy ,I wonder how many young girls were coerced into a sexual encounter by the promise of "I will love you forever" if you do,by their favourite teen idol and simply seek revenge for a percieved rejection,would that be classed as rape ,I dont know Im sure someone will inform me.

The BBC will end up paying out a undisclosed sum simply to kill the story hopefully the legitimate abused will get their cut ,and rightly so but i wouldnt mind betting there will be quite a few who benefit who were simply there in the audiences and were smart enough to see which way the tide was..Human Nature,the principle of greed.

I was watching a documentary about the Rolling Stones from BBC 4. Every concert in the 1970s was cut short by crowd invasion and band members being attacked by girls on stage.

It isn't difficult to imagine the teenie boppers with a bedroom full of posters of their celebrity fantasy going to a concert and hanging around the stage door. No doubt some got in, and who knows what went on. But a few years down the line when the phone hasn't rung with that marriage proposal and the offer of a lifetime sipping Champagne by the pool the grudge sets in and the imagination runs riot. It is very easy for these folk to come forward when invited to on the back of another accusation. But it is a big problem for the celeb if the initial complain was false but has been backed up by half a dozen others who have jumped onto the bandwagon.

I was watching a documentary about the Rolling Stones from BBC 4. Every concert in the 1970s was cut short by crowd invasion and band members being attacked by girls on stage.

It isn't difficult to imagine the teenie boppers with a bedroom full of posters of their celebrity fantasy going to a concert and hanging around the stage door. No doubt some got in, and who knows what went on. But a few years down the line when the phone hasn't rung with that marriage proposal and the offer of a lifetime sipping Champagne by the pool the grudge sets in and the imagination runs riot. It is very easy for these folk to come forward when invited to on the back of another accusation. But it is a big problem for the celeb if the initial complain was false but has been backed up by half a dozen others who have jumped onto the bandwagon.

What you've both fail to grasp is the law puts the onus on the adult, not the child. You both seem to accuse the child (because the way they dress) in favour of the abuser. If adults/celebs are in a situation where their fanbase are "teenyboppers" then the likelihood of those trying to break down their dressingroom door is likely to be a teenybopper with make-up. If you wish to take that risk in order to dip your wick then don't go whining about something as an adult that could have repercussions later.

"They were forcing themselves on me, what was I to do?" :rolleyes:

What you've both fail to grasp is the law puts the onus on the adult, not the child. You both seem to accuse the child (because the way they dress) in favour of the abuser. If adults/celebs are in a situation where their fanbase are "teenyboppers" then the likelihood of those trying to break down their dressingroom door is likely to be a teenybopper with make-up. If you wish to take that risk in order to dip your wick then don't go whining about something as an adult that could have repercussions later.

"They were forcing themselves on me, what was I to do?" :rolleyes:

I didn't say anyone had dipped their wick. I simply said that there were loads of teenie boppers. You came up with the wick dipping, which just goes to show how easy it is for any ex teenie-bopper's story to be accepted 40 years down the line.

I didn't say anyone had dipped their wick. I simply said that there were loads of teenie boppers. You came up with the wick dipping, which just goes to show how easy it is for any ex teenie-bopper's story to be accepted 40 years down the line.

You want to believe it's easy, but it isn't.

Your example of the Rolling Stones disproves any point you are trying to make. Despite the numerous stories of groupies that surround this band, despite the well documented amount of women that willingly passed themselves around, and despite the fact that the band members are some of the richest people on the planet, there have been no tangible complaints made. Same goes for many similar bands, and celebrities ...

The difference between the Rolling Stones, and the vast majority of celebrities for that matter, and some/most of those that are now appearing in the press is nothing to do with how easy it is for women to throw mud around, it is simply because some people used their position to criminally abuse vulnerable boys and girls.

I'm sure the police are hearing numerous fictional "stories" that they have to wade through, and some of them might even involve some fantasy about Mick Jagger, but read the letter sent to Yasmin Alibhai-Brown about Stuart Hall. There's a vast canyon of difference between some groupie throwing themself at their hero an offering sex, and a fan asking for an autograph and getting a hand thrust down their underwear, or being systematically groomed for sex.

I think if there are any cases of underage girls sleeping with rock stars, then it was done willingly. I don't think this is the case with Saville and others.

I think if there are any cases of underage girls sleeping with rock stars, then it was done willingly. I don't think this is the case with Saville and others.

Really ? were you around in the 60's ? Saville was on the same level as a pop star his poster graced many walls

That is a very long-winded attempt to justify the scarcity of evidence to back-up your assumptions.

I'll ask again - where is the evidence of fasle allegations made for financial reasons?

If there is a significant problem, beyond a handful of extreme cases (and even those haven't been cited yet) then there will be evidence as laws will have been broken and prosecutions sought that are not covered by anonymity concerns.

It depends what you regard as "willing girls" I don't think I would consider an underage emotionally immature girl with a crush on some older celebrity as being entirely sure she was "willing"

No one who takes advantage of a young girls vulnerability in that position should feel proud of themselves.

Archived