Cricket club requires new players

Hello, Hathersage cricket club are currently looking for new and experienced players, we are a friendly club, situated in the picturesque peak district just 15 mins from Sheffield. We have 2 senior teams that compete in the Yorkshire and Derbyshire league in divisions 2 and 6 respectively. Games are played every Saturday April to September. We are always on the look out for new players regardless whether you have played before or not and can accept juniors from the age of 13 upwards. If you fancy giving it a go or have played before and are looking for a team please feel free to contact me via the email address midgesshrek@googlemail.com or look for our group on facebook. We also have outdoor practice at our ground on baulk lane in Hathersage every Wednesday 6pm till 8pm weather permitting, this is free of charge. I look forward to hearing from you. Martin.

Martin

Just recently moved back into the hunters bar area of Sheffield from Manchester, used to play cricket regularly until a few years back when family and work commitments took over, looking to get back into playing again, however unfortunately it won't be every week, would this be a problem? Love the sport and want to play as much as the missis will allow ;) I'm recently 30 and I'll admit I'm not in the best of shape, I vaguely know the Peak District from camping holidays in Edale, but some extra direction would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully see you soon

Regard

Ash

Ay up mate! I was just browsing through these posts, because I am always looking for different sports to take part in! And cricket has been one I have always wanted to try! I'm 23 from Sheffield and was wondering if its ok if come along and try out for the team in the 6th division because I reckon that's my standard Lol! Let me know if that's ok

Thanks Steve

Hi mate thats great news that your wanting to start playing again, your more than welcome to play for us and I understand that you wouldnt be able to play regularly its the same with a few of the lads here that have families youve got to find the balance between the 2 havent you. If you could private message me your mobile number I can give you a call and we can have a chat about everything. cheers for getting back to me.

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 13:28 ----------

Hey up steve yeah were always looking for players regardless of ability we have practices aswell to try help improve players, if you could message me your number that would be great and il try give you a call this evening. cheers mate.

Yeah thats fine then steve il send you a private message with all the details of when we play, when we practice, what you will need etc and then just let me know if your interested in giving it a go, in regards to batting pads and bats we can provide but you will need your own whites and preferably spikes but i suggest you maybe just come to one of our practices first to see if you like it before buying things. cheers mate.

Sorry I haven't been in touch Steve I've been really poorly this last week, I can assure you I'm not a weirdo lol but I understand you being careful so anyways il message you details of our practice night and if you want to pop down and give it a go your more than welcome, its free and you don't need whites maybe some spikes if you have them but not essential and I have a spare bat and pads you can borrow.

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 20:33 ----------

Hey up Steve the postcode for the ground is S32 1AF, nets are on a weds night 6PM till 8PM if your still interested, anybody else reading this is welcome to pop along, it's free and equipment can be lent if you don't have any, nets are weather dependant so it would be ideal to contact me personally so I can get your number and keep you in the loop. cheers.

Archived