What do you do alone?

merlin_7799

U came on saturday? and sat on your own? how was you forced!?! If you read the actual thread you would known were everyone was.. surely!?!

Bit strange id u ask me..

Did I mention anything to do with you lot (what thread?), no. I had to sit on my own as I was waiting for the most annoying friend I have who seems to take roughly 10 hours to get ready and comes out looking exactely the same. Don't think she has ever actually arrived anywhere on time in her life. Partly my problem because I new she would be a bit late. At 7 she said she was nearly ready and would ring me when she got in town meet another friend just after 11 (on time) and she strolled in at 11.30:rant:.So I was kind of forced suppose I could have sat outside but surely thats a bit sad.

I travelled Australia on my own, after 1 month of staying with a friend. I feel I learnt more about myself it those 8 months than I had done for the rest of my life.

Still regularly go for a drink in a cafe or bar alone, but never tried going clubbing alone.

I guess I don't tend to go out on my own if I can help it. Though like others, I have eaten out on my own while I attended training courses in Reading. It's not a particularly nice experience. I think no human interaction will surely kill me. 'No man is an island' and all that. I've not eaten out on my own in Sheffield, though I have been to a bar on my own. Well, I went for the salsa classes. Though after a while, I have to say people are friendly, and you're just going there to meet mates.

I definitely wouldn't mind doing the cafe thing on my own. Though, on a Fri/Sat night, if you want to go out... where would u go ? I definitely think that there should be a balanced 'events' thing going on in the city centre, esp now that ppl will live in flats, and all that. Of which, majority will be like singlestons or whatever.

There's definitely a lot of ppl going out to eat on their own during the day. I know a lot of hubby-types that takes time eating lunch. Reading a book or paper as they eat.

I have to agree with Ousetunes

Been away a few times for work reasons on my own. Generally find myself sitting in a hotel bar and normally chatting to bar staff.

if you are on your own in a quiet bar, they normally are happy for the company!

Would not have a problem been on my own in a certain type of pub. not sure about cinema or club though

I had a meal out in town on my own last night. I've regularly been to the cinema on my own, also occasionally to the theatre and also clubbing. It's a while since I've been on holiday on my own though. Oddly though, I never go for a drink in a pub on my own.

going to cinemas alone is easy...you're not seen as hanging out alone. I have been gathering some courage to go out by myself for a meal to a nice Italian restaurant I have been wanting to go to for a while. But its wierd...not embarrassing - but just not used to it. I have had lots of friends where I come from and never done this. I know noone around here as I just moved to Sheffield for work. If there are so many people like me, why don't we plan to meet up and that way we don't have to feel shy or uncomfortable and can probably have a good time. I enjoy the movies, pubs, good food...and would love to meet with like minded friends who are alone/lonely here.....

Archived