1571 Voicemail dial tone but no message

For weeks now, I've been getting the 1571 voicemail recieved dial tone when I pick up my landline phone, but there is no new message. There are no saved messages either, I've made sure to delete everything. Its starting to drive me a bit nuts! Anyone else had this problem or know how to get rid of it? :D

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

A broken tone can mean a number of different things, but I don't know how anyone on SF is going to help you with this. Have you not tried calling your provider? Seriously that's the first thing you should do.

For weeks now, I've been getting the 1571 voicemail recieved dial tone when I pick up my landline phone, but there is no new message. There are no saved messages either, I've made sure to delete everything. Its starting to drive me a bit nuts! Anyone else had this problem or know how to get rid of it? :D

Who's your supplier?

This from the virgin forum

"The intermittent tone which you can hear has nothing to do with 1571 or message waiting. For the type of exchange which you are on, the line will give an intermittent tone when a feature is active."

So it could be another feature on your line causing the tone..as WEX said, you need to contact your provider..

I'm with Sky, after about 45 minutes on hold to technical support I gave up

From the Sky forum (I'm bored :) )

"Sorry to see that this is happening, sometimes the 1571 Voicemail notification tone can get stuck on a line, as long as you can make and receive calls this won't affect the ability to use your line however you should be able to clear the altered tone by phoning from a mobile or another line and leaving a voicemail message then retrieving this and deleting it from your Sky Talk line."

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Talk-Technical/voicemail-tone-but-no-new-messages/td-p/398801

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

I'm with Sky, after about 45 minutes on hold to technical support I gave up

Email them

Will do!

What sort of problem (is it even indicative of a problem?) is it likely to be though?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

Will do!

What sort of problem (is it even indicative of a problem?) is it likely to be though?

See post #7

Cheers it worked! Pretty damn obvious thing to have done really wasn't it :hihi:

Archived