Human Weighing Scales

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can recommend the best digital weaighing scales for people on a budget.

Having been in Wilkinsons, Boots and Lloyds Pharmacy they have a range of their own brand products but am suspicious of actual performance.

I have seen some Weight Watchers and Salter ones in Sainsburrys but am wondering what they are like.

There seems to be more positive views on Amazon for the glass digital Salter ones in being more accurate and durable.

So what does everyone think?

Salter digital ones are usually good, accurate and not to expensive. They are normally very slim and easy to store as well. In fact, I got some just this morning that I bought online for under a tenner, glass ones with a Union Jack design. I had some Weight Watchers ones before, not sure of the brand that actually made them, and they cost about 30 quid and were rubbish, the feet kept falling off and ended up getting lost so they werent stable to take an accurate weight.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Fill a bath up completely with water (not boiling), submerge yourself completely in it, and collect all the water that overflows.

Now simply weigh the water and you'll get your exact weight! (presuming you have the same specific density as bathwater). Nothing could be simpler ... works every time! :thumbsup:

Fill a bath up completely with water (not boiling), submerge yourself completely in it, and collect all the water that overflows.

Now simply weigh the water and you'll get your exact weight! (presuming you have the same specific density as bathwater). Nothing could be simpler ... works every time! :thumbsup:

not boiling?! What kind of measurement accuracy is that Alco?!

Even just between 90C and 85C there is a 3/1000th of a gram/cm3 difference in density of the water, and you haven't accounted for the temperature loss of the collection vessel if it's not heated to the same original temperature of the water itself (and room). Pffft :roll:

Archived