Catching a bus is not rocket science

Ok, and pulling in better at bus stops is not rocket science either! How many times do I come across buses whose drivers don't bother to pull closer to the kerb, preferring to keep the back of the bus well into the road so cars can't get past?

pow. right in the kisser! where's the thread titled 'driving a bus - it's not rocket science'?

Don't be dense all your life, tram fares are cheaper than buses and they have conductors since you insist on name calling

It used to say oxo on buses but they didn`t used to sell em-Den se lin.

It used to say oxo on buses but they didn`t used to sell em-Den se lin.

Would you care care to explain how that has any relevance to the fact that you made a statement that employing conductors would push bus fares up and then called me :loopy: - I pointed out that tram fares are cheaper and they employ conductors. Explain your logic

Sometime train have conductors they not cheap

Not many as you generally have to purchase yout ticket before boarding now as someone on here pointed out and train prices are expensive even without conductors so that argument doesnt hold up - in Sheffield the trams which have conductors are cheaper than the buses which don't yet trams make more profit, explain that

Ok, and pulling in better at bus stops is not rocket science either! How many times do I come across buses whose drivers don't bother to pull closer to the kerb, preferring to keep the back of the bus well into the road so cars can't get past?

They do it a lot down Ecclesfield,oposite Morrison's.Problem is,its right at the side of the traffic lights,so you could end up stuck in the middle of red lights due to the inconsiderate so and so!

I understand he might be behind schedule,but that doesn't mean the whole world has to stop for him/her!

I do that route twice a day,and it happens to me a lot!

Late buses not rocket science either. If I plan a journey to get from A to B, I allow enough time to do it. The poor old bus driver can't allow enough time because someone in an office who has probably never been on a bus has written the timetable out and what employer allows enough time to do the job? Not one I ever worked for because greed takes over.

They should install a big boxing glove on a spring that is attached to the driver's cab. When a woman gets on and inevitably starts rummaging in her purse, it can then forcibly throw her from the bus. :hihi:

Are you advocating that bus drivers assault women for simply not having the correct change in their hand? What about those with babies in prams who take a bit longer to negotiate bus step, trap them in door and take off wth attached to outside of bus? That'll teach 'em won't it?:D

Archived