Best Pint brewed in Sheffield?

jemson

There's plenty on offer and as a city you should all be proud of what is brewed within the city compared to other cities around the country. I do, as someone who's moved here, feel that some Sheffield drinkers are complacent about what they have here. This is beer paradise!

I would start at Deception and work through them all until I fell over.

Ah well,you see.Asking a woman about beer is like asking someone who knows nothing about something about the thing they know nothing about.

Now if the debate was about Babycham......................:o

Gone are the days when all my mates would be drinking lager, I'd be the lone bitter drinker and the ladies would not be impressed at all with the funny brown stuff in my pint glass.

Many real ale pubs are becoming more female friendly, which is a brilliant thing. The result is that more women are enjoying good beer then was the case in the past.

And on that note, I must admit I know a few women who like Farmer's Blonde. My ex was keen on the stuff for starters.

There's plenty on offer and as a city you should all be proud of what is brewed within the city compared to other cities around the country. I do, as someone who's moved here, feel that some Sheffield drinkers are complacent about what they have here. This is beer paradise!

You may just be right. I do find it ironic that I lived in Huddersfield for 10 years and there wasn`t a great deal of ale choice and pubs were so so at best and now it`s err, beer paradise. :huh:

Gone are the days when all my mates would be drinking lager, I'd be the lone bitter drinker and the ladies would not be impressed at all with the funny brown stuff in my pint glass.

Many real ale pubs are becoming more female friendly, which is a brilliant thing. The result is that more women are enjoying good beer then was the case in the past.

And on that note, I must admit I know a few women who like Farmer's Blonde. My ex was keen on the stuff for starters.

Why would a women be anything but indifferent as to what is in your glass?

What did she like for afters?

---------- Post added 15-05-2013 at 20:39 ----------

Never been keen on Farmers Blonde, bit overrated in my opinion.

Enjoyed a pint of Five Rivers from Sheffield Brewery Co the other day though.

What do you mean by "overated"?

Do you mean that I don't like it as much as I think I do? Ok,so you don't like it,fair enough.But how can it be overated?

Why would a women be anything but indifferent as to what is in your glass?

What did she like for afters?

---------- Post added 15-05-2013 at 20:39 ----------

What do you mean by "overated"?

Do you mean that I don't like it as much as I think I do? Ok,so you don't like it,fair enough.But how can it be overated?

Something can be overrated its simple if people praise a product which in comparison to other similar products is inferior then it is being overrated. If you had said that in your opinion its a very good beer and they had said you were wrong then that would be incorrect as it is your opinion.

Something can be overrated its simple if people praise a product which in comparison to other similar products is inferior then it is being overrated. If you had said that in your opinion its a very good beer and they had said you were wrong then that would be incorrect as it is your opinion.

Thanks mate, couldnt have put it better myself.

You see my partner absolutely detests Farmers Blonde. She says it tastes like dishwater. She doesn't appreciate hops and citrus flavours in beer but prefers malt and caramel.

She has good taste, you have good taste.

Archived