Any advice on fixing a Yamaha 125 DTR off-road bike?

Hi

We recently bought a 125 dtr. The bike kick starts fine but when the clutch is let out the bike doesnt move. The clutch plates have been changed but still no change. Any ideas as to what might be wrong as we are not sure what to try next.

Ps. Before we get all the usual postings.....yes we have got private land to ride this on legally!

It can select gears and its my partner who has changed clutch plates. He assures me he has done so correctly and aligned arrow etc It is still doing exactly same as before he changed plates he says it goes into gear and moves very slightly forward as clutch is let off but then stops and wont move further. Bike will rev while clutch released but doesnt move.

Been a long time since i had one of these apart, but is there a woodruff key on the shaft the clutch sits on? If you've forgotten to put it back, you get the symptoms you describe

i think woodruff key aswell. or the numpty forget something else

Yes thats a good point i think the rear clutch housing do,s have a key.I would look at clutch adjustment then back it off as much as possible.If that fails remove case and check the clutch is actually operating correctly if its not theres a center rod on a worm drive if i remember right if the rod is bent it could be holding clutch slightly open.If all that fails remove clutch and check out above for key could have even sheared.

Archived