Motorcyclist jailed

Yes he shouldn't have done it, so yes he should have been punished, but the stretch of road he did it on appears to be empty; I think that should have been taken into consideration.

For two counts of perverting the course of justice?

I'm obviously talking about his initial speeding on the road.

The other person who appeared to be riding at a similar speed (from viewing the clip of video shown on Look North) got a fine and a 56 day ban. This man got his extra punishment for his attempts to pervert the course of justice. A good result IMO.

I know that people who plead not guilty get longer sentences than those who admit their guilt, but you rarely hear of them getting extra charges and punishment specifically for lieing to the justice system, and going beyond just a plea of not guilty. I hope we see more, as it might concentrate the minds of some people into admitting their guilt.

Its good to see the other members of Pepipoo didn't stand by him.

Yes, I think the episode has been good for Pepipoo. Good publicity and refreshingly the news outlets made it clear that the other users were horrified and he was quickly banned. Pepipoo is an excellent site and something like this could have been potentially quite damaging.

Good publicity and refreshingly the news outlets made it clear that the other users were horrified and he was quickly banned. Pepipoo is an excellent site and something like this could have been potentially quite damaging.

When it comes to forums specilising in legal advice and stuff it's probably not wise to tell a pack of lies and make the place out to be something it's not.

The newspapers were probably well aware they'd be taken to court for libel, this link posted by Snailyboy clearly shows what members of the forum thought of the offender.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=73264

Archived