Car insurance-defanation of home question ?

My car Insurance is due for renewal soon, which would I classify as "home" legally , the flat where my post goes to or my partners flat where I spend the majority of my time, both these options leave me liable to serious questions if anything should happen ?

I just want to be safe and not sorry !

Does it matter? Non of my vehicles are registed to my place

Of course it matters, I could say I lived in dore yet live on the manor this saving hundreds of pounds, if I was then to have an accident my Insurance would be invalid.

But seeing as I live at 2 property's I have hit a grey area and need to know which to classify as my "home" so I'm on the right side of the law

Of course it matters, I could say I lived in dore yet live on the manor this saving hundreds of pounds, if I was then to have an accident my Insurance would be invalid.

But seeing as I live at 2 property's I have hit a grey area and need to know which to classify as my "home" so I'm on the right side of the law

Does the insurance company ask where "home " is or does it ask where the car is kept?

Kept overnight. They normally allow for circumstances if you're not at the "registered" address if you're on holiday or casually staying overnight somewhere.

But the OPs situation is different, and could be just enough for them to cancel the insurance or weasel out of paying if the car is damaged or stolen.

Does the insurance company ask where "home " is or does it ask where the car is kept?

I think your 'home address' and 'where is the car usually kept overnight' might be two separate questions, but not totally sure.

How would they know if you weren't just staying there for the odd occasion, should you need to claim? Do they go around questioning the neighbours or what? That's a genuine query by the way, not condoning doing anything naughty, I just would have thought investigating every claim would cost more than just paying out.

My car Insurance is due for renewal soon, which would I classify as "home" legally , the flat where my post goes to or my partners flat where I spend the majority of my time, both these options leave me liable to serious questions if anything should happen ?

I just want to be safe and not sorry !

I'd say your real home is where you keep your fishing tackle.:)

I work shifts, mornings and nights, I asked my insurance company about the question "where is the vehicle kept overnight?"

In theory half the year it's at home, the other half it's at work, they said you should put the address of where you sleep as where the vehicle is kept.

Archived