Wireless/transistor radios

its about 8x5 in size.....

8x5 inch was a medium size for a sixties transistor radio too big for the pocket but not big enough to hold by a handle.The most popular were small, usually only medium wave,models that would fit in the back pocket of your jeans.In the sixties pirate radio was the big thing but reception in Sheffield was a bit hit and miss,up in graves park you could get Radio North Sea International but generally after dark you were constantly having to re-tune.Its worth about a fiver if it still works .

---------- Post added 11-05-2013 at 14:45 ----------

no, its only small....looks like summat jesus's gr8 gr8 granddad wud listen too.....:)

I can just hear the radio jingle "Wonderful radio Nazareth your station of the stars"

ok ty....it looks like its never even had the batteries in it..it has got a handle on it for carrying.....ill just keep it as an ornament sitting on the kitchen windowsill:).......ty for ur help...

ok ty....it looks like its never even had the batteries in it..it has got a handle on it for carrying.....ill just keep it as an ornament sitting on the kitchen windowsill:).......ty for ur help...

If it were mine i would fill it with batteries and try it out.

Archived