Barrister says age of consent should be 13

You're being a bit of an idiot now. [/Quote]

Obviously. That's why you've made two stupid statements and had to resort to insults.

I could address your other points but I'm on my phone and the task of editing quotes is beyond me on this thing. I may even agree with you and have no further criticism than the falsities I picked out. I'll have a second look.

You are factually incorrect here.

Various sources I've found suggest that approximately a third of rape victims have had suicidal thoughts and around a tenth make attempts.

I wonder why you seem so keen to downplay the distress that rape and sexual assault creates?

Various sources I've found suggest that approximately a third of rape victims have had suicidal thoughts and around a tenth make attempts.

The bold bit.

Like ive said, a tiny amount. By your own statistics its a very small amount yet you say im wrong?

I deleted your last comment by the way.

Im not even going to validate it with a response.

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 10:56 ----------

As a "victim" yourself .

Let me stop you there.

Im no longer a victim, i was but ive got over it and moved on with my life.

Its something that happened to me that i was determined to not let colour my life.

It hasn't so no, im not a victim :)

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 10:57 ----------

Which means that most are survivors

You can call them that if you like.

I dont like so i wont.

Obviously. That's why you've made two stupid statements and had to resort to insults.

You're right about the resorting to insults. I've read some of your posts in the past and I know you're not an idiot, far from it in fact. Which is why your silly responses to my post are quite surprising to me. Usually, if you disagree with someone, you have quite a good argument in response. What happened this time?

I wonder why you seem so keen to downplay the distress that rape and sexual assault creates?

The bold bit.

Like ive said, a tiny amount. By your own statistics its a very small amount yet you say im wrong?

I deleted your last comment by the way.

Im not even going to validate it with a response.

In the context of the whole number of women who are raped it's a huge number.

I'm still struggling to understand why you would want to downplay the impact of sexual abuse on women? Why is that?

In the context of the whole number of women who are raped it's a huge number.

In the context of PEOPLE who are raped its a tiny amount.

By the way i deleted your last comment again.

Reposting it wont get it answered.

I wont lower myself :)

I never said people haven't died as a result, or even during an attack.

Now please, lose the aggression. It doesn't help the thread one bit.

You said that, because the VAST majority don't end up getting killed, they shouldn't be called survivors.

If you go through an ordeal that can be life changing, for the worse, and come out of it alive and kicking and mentally strong, then you are a survivor.

Once you start surviving, you stop being a victim.

Compared to the amount of PEOPLE who are raped its a tiny amount.

By the way i deleted your last comment again.

Reposting it wont get it answered.

I wont lower myself :)

The only kind of rationale I can imagine for someone wanting to minimise the impact of rape is, well, that they don't think it's such a big deal and that people should just 'get over it'. Sound like anyone you know?

I find your unwillingness to empathise with the impact of rape on rape victims really very strange.

You can call them that if you like.

I dont like so i wont.

It doesn't matter whether you or I "like" it, if somebody has survived a potentially lethal attack, they are a survivor. I neither like or dislike the fact that this is the correct term.

Archived