Barrister says age of consent should be 13

You are more likely to get pleasure from sex than make a baby, and if we weren’t meant to get pleasure from sex then it wouldn’t be pleasurable. You can have sex several times a day every day of the year without making a single baby. Most people have sex for the pleasure of having sex, not for making babies.

Not you as well.............:help:

Do we have to got back to sex education here??

What is a penis for? What is a vagina for? What happens when.............

Sex is for making babies, yes it's fun, that's why contraception was invented.

You said that, because the VAST majority don't end up getting killed, they shouldn't be called survivors.

Thats my opinion, yes.

If you go through an ordeal that can be life changing, for the worse, and come out of it alive and kicking and mentally strong, then you are a survivor.

It can be if you let it unless of course you are horribly disfigured or left with missing limbs or something. You can wallow in it or you can get on with your life and not let it change you. Labelling people survivors is just a modern pc way of giving someone a badge they can wear and show everyone. "Oh look at me, im a survivor". Its fare more respectable to be a survivor than a victim.

I am neither. I got on with my life.

Once you start surviving, you stop being a victim.

Oh How very dramatic.

That line could almost have come out of a soap or a trashy novel.

Answers in red :)

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 11:07 ----------

It doesn't matter whether you or I "like" it, if somebody has survived a potentially lethal attack, they are a survivor. I neither like or dislike the fact that this is the correct term.

We dont agree :)

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 11:09 ----------

The only kind of rationale I can imagine for someone wanting to minimise the impact of rape is, well, that they don't think it's such a big deal and that people should just 'get over it'. Sound like anyone you know?

I find your unwillingness to empathise with the impact of rape on rape victims really very strange.

Then youll ave no need to bother me again with your leading questions and dodgy trolling.

Phew, i have to say thats a relief. :)

Answers in red :)

Do you really think that people who have survived sexual assaults want to go around using the term like a novelty badge?

I think they would rather take strength from the word and use it to help them move forward in life.

You choose not to like the term, but it's a term that is used.

Once you start surviving, you stop being a victim.

To a point I agree but it must never be forgot that however you deal with abuse, being a victim can't be ignored simply because you wish to move on in a survivalist fashion. You can't remove or deny the repercussion of an act that took place.

As for "just Sarah" I personally have reservations to her/his claims..the profile just doesn't add up...then again the world is full of wonderfully weird people.

Do you really think that people who have survived sexual assaults want to go around using the term like a novelty badge?

I can tell you for dead cert. I know of some that do. No doubt ill be called a liar and a rapist apologiser or something but there you have it. I had group counselling, one to one counselling, the works and ill tell you something else too. If some of the councillors had their way id be a victim still now. I got barley anything positive from any of them. The only satisfaction was seeing him sent down. I then moved on!

I think they would rather take strength from the word and use it to help them move forward in life.

You choose not to like the term, but it's a term that is used.

That we agree on :)

Answers in red.

which is a little different to how you originally phrased it....

People have sex to reproduce

Yes, the primary function of sexual intercourse is to reproduce, as for the reasons why people have sex... mostly it's for pleasure

To a point I agree but it must never be forgot that however you deal with abuse, being a victim can't be ignored simply because you wish to move on in a survivalist fashion. You can't remove or deny the repercussion of an act that took place.

As for "just Sarah" I personally have reservations to her/his claims..the profile just doesn't add up...then again the world is full of wonderfully weird people.

Its utterly bizarre. This is the only forum ive ever been a member of that people regularly question who you are just because we may not agree.

Its pathetic and shows you are losing an argument.

You need to accept that people have differences of opinion

We arent robots you know.

Not you as well.............:help:

Do we have to got back to sex education here??

What is a penis for? What is a vagina for? What happens when.............

Both have evolved to be sensitive to pleasure, obviously making a baby doesn’t’ need to be pleasurable, there human sex organs are for more than making babies, one can have sex without having intercourse which again demonstrates that sex isn’t about making babies, gay people have sex and have no possibility of making a baby, so sex again as nothing to do with making babies.

which is a little different to how you originally phrased it....

Yes, the primary function of sexual intercourse is to reproduce, as for the reasons why people have sex... mostly it's for pleasure

People just love taking things out of context on here!

Archived