Barrister says age of consent should be 13

As for "just Sarah" I personally have reservations to her/his claims..the profile just doesn't add up...then again the world is full of wonderfully weird people.

Skinz my friend, we have most definitely encountered 'Sarah' before..I could roll off a whole lexicon of 'her' former usernames ;)

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 11:22 ----------

Its utterly bizarre. This is the only forum ive ever been a member of that people regularly question who you are just because we may not agree.

Or more likely those who are a little longer in the tooth come to recognise vexatious posting styles, welcome back 'Sarah' :)

Both have evolved to be sensitive to pleasure, obviously making a baby doesn’t’ need to be pleasurable, there human sex organs are for more than making babies, one can have sex without having intercourse which again demonstrates that sex isn’t about making babies, gay people have sex and have no possibility of making a baby, so sex again as nothing to do with making babies.

Quote of the day!!

Its utterly bizarre. This is the only forum ive ever been a member of that people regularly question who you are just because we may not agree.

Its pathetic and shows you are losing an argument.

You need to accept that people have differences of opinion

We arent robots you know.

It isn't any one particular opinion I have issue with..It's the attitude as a previous victim that's suspect. That attitude being totally out of line with victims of abuse/rape. Some of your posts would suggest victims are robots..or at least should be.

Unless some of your posts have been removed would you like me to point out one?

It isn't any one particular opinion I have issue with..It's the attitude as a previous victim that's suspect. That attitude being totally out of line with victims of abuse/rape. Some of your posts would suggest victims are robots..or at least should be.

Unless some of your posts have been removed would you like me to point out one?

So whats inline with a victim?

Shall i cry a bit?

Go to pieces?

Lose the will to live? What would make you happy?

Skinz my friend, we have most definitely encountered 'Sarah' before..I could roll off a whole lexicon of 'her' former usernames ;)

Multi user names are a staple diet of SF..not a problem in my book..it adds a little colour. What I have issue with is is a user using such a topic at the expense of genuine victims. It's weak, insincere and cowardly.

Shall i cry a bit?

Go to pieces?

You could try and have a little empathy with victims.

By the way Sarah, what's your view on the OP - do you think the age of consent should be reduced to thirteen - and that we should stop 'persecuting old men'?

You could try and have a little empathy with victims.

I do.

Where have i said i dont? Thats right i haven't.

You just like to make sweeping statements because we dont see eye to eye.

You think because i hate the label "survivor" and all it stands for that i dont care about people who have been through the same as me?

The clues in the word.

PEOPLE!

Call them survivors all you like if thats what makes you feel good.

These people have been through an ordeal. Sticking them with a label that continually reminds them of that isnt helpful.

Shall i cry a bit?

Go to pieces?

For you to stop using "rape" as your own platform to further your own agenda.

As I've said..it's a personal feeling based on your posts and experience I've had with genuine victims...not one of those victims have shown your MO...not one.

The only kind of rationale I can imagine for someone wanting to minimise the impact of rape is, well, that they don't think it's such a big deal and that people should just 'get over it'. Sound like anyone you know?

I find your unwillingness to empathise with the impact of rape on rape victims really very strange.

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 11:22 ----------

Or more likely those who are a little longer in the tooth come to recognise vexatious posting styles, welcome back 'Sarah' :)

The bold bit.

Like ive said, a tiny amount. By your own statistics its a very small amount yet you say im wrong?

I deleted your last comment by the way.

Im not even going to validate it with a response.

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 10:56 ----------

Let me stop you there.

Im no longer a victim, i was but ive got over it and moved on with my life.

Its something that happened to me that i was determined to not let colour my life.

It hasn't so no, im not a victim :)

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 10:57 ----------

You can call them that if you like.

I dont like so i wont.

Congratulations on your fortitude Sarah but many men and women who have gone through the ordeal of rape and abuse struggle with what has happened to them.

Everybody is different, that you have apparently moved on and got on with your life doesn't invalidate other people's experinces.

Your apparent lack of empathy for others is troubling. Do you think that others who experience psychiatric disturbances after being assaulted are somehow weak?

Congratulations on your fortitude Sarah but many men and women who have gone through the ordeal of rape and abuse struggle with what has happened to them.

Everybody is different, that you have apparently moved on and got on with your life doesn't invalidate other people's experinces.

Your apparent lack of empathy for others is troubling. Do you think that others who experience psychiatric disturbances after being assaulted are somehow weak?

Where have i shown lack of empathy?

I dont agree with the term survivor.

Why does that mean i dont empathies with people who have been through the same as me?

Archived