Barrister says age of consent should be 13

You do like to over dramatise things don’t you.

16 year olds can get legal redress if abused and there is no reason why someone younger wouldn't get legal redress if abused, the age of connect is irrelevant when it comes to getting legal redress when abused.

The age of consent is totally relevant when it comes to predatory adults or have you missed that vital point? That is why we have an Age of Consent.

Who benefits from the lowering or removal of the age of consent?

The boy that now as a criminal record and his name included on the sex offender register and every other young person under the age of 16, they get to choose when and if to have sexual contact without fear of being criminalised.

The boy that now as a criminal record and his name included on the sex offender register and every other young person under the age of 16, they get to choose when and if to have sexual contact without fear of being criminalised.

They don't get criminalised, as has been pointed out to you so many times. Old pervs who lust after young girls do though. Why are you so opposed to that?

The age of consent is totally relevant when it comes to predatory adults or have you missed that vital point? That is why we have an Age of Consent.

There isn't a point to miss because the age of consent doesn't stop predatory adults, but it does criminalise young people unnecessarily.

---------- Post added 11-05-2013 at 20:42 ----------

They don't get criminalised, as has been pointed out to you so many times. Old pervs who lust after young girls do though. Why are you so opposed to that?

And I proved them wrong, its just something you like to think which isn't acualy a fact.

An extra 3yrs opens up a whole new ballgame for pervs who would use consent and age as a synonym.

For the nth time, The Sexual Offences Act 2003 already accommodates this.

I really hope that yours and others' comments have not been triggering for survivors. If anyone is triggered, please contact Rape Crisis, NAPAC or Samaritans. Please PM me if you need numbers. You can speak to someone in confidence.

There isn't a point to miss because the age of consent doesn't stop predatory adults, but it does criminalise young people unnecessarily.

---------- Post added 11-05-2013 at 20:42 ----------

And I proved them wrong, its just something you like to think which isn't acualy a fact.

Correction, all you have proved is one over zealous parent and idiotic police and CPS.

For the nth time, The Sexual Offences Act 2003 already accommodates this.

I really hope that yours and others' comments have not been triggering for survivors. If anyone is triggered, please contact Rape Crisis, NAPAC or Samaritans. Please PM me if you need numbers. You can speak to someone in confidence.

It matters not how many times you repeat the same thing when the facts differ from what you want to believe.

---------- Post added 11-05-2013 at 20:48 ----------

Correction, all you have proved is one over zealous parent and idiotic police and CPS.

I proved the current age of consent laws can be and are used to criminalise young people and that they didn't stop anyone from being a child abuser.

Archived