Police request to produce driving documentaton

That list won't be exhaustive though, if the police ask you to produce your docs then you have to do that.

Actually no, you really don't. The powers of a constable to require production of licence is strictly limited and is given in the circumstances above.

The ower of a vehicle is the person who would normally report criminal damage to it. What if they don't have a driving licence? There is no requirement for them to have one.

The ower of a vehicle is the person who would normally report criminal damage to it..

Does that mean I'd have to inform the lease company and let them tell the police? I don't think so somehow.. I'd expect the person who was in charge of the vehicle at the time the damage happened to be the one who reported it..

Actually no, you really don't. The powers of a constable to require production of licence is strictly limited and is given in the circumstances above.

The ower of a vehicle is the person who would normally report criminal damage to it. What if they don't have a driving licence? There is no requirement for them to have one.

Oh why doesn't he take the police to court then for asking for a producer illegally ! See how far they get with that one.

Oh why doesn't he take the police to court then for asking for a producer illegally ! See how far they get with that one.

Your strawman makes no real sense I'm afraid. I'm glad however to see you conceded that the licence demand was illegal.

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 14:58 ----------

Does that mean I'd have to inform the lease company and let them tell the police? I don't think so somehow.. I'd expect the person who was in charge of the vehicle at the time the damage happened to be the one who reported it..

That's why I said *normally*.....:roll:

Your strawman makes no real sense I'm afraid. I'm glad however to see you conceded that the licence demand was illegal.

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 14:58 ----------

That's why I said *normally*.....:roll:

I think you are clutching at straws :hihi:

You are actually none the wiser so why bother? :confused:

Lots of people come on the forum to ask for advice regarding numerous issues. As is the nature of this environment, differing opinions are offered (some helpful, some hostile, and some downright taking the proverbial just for the sake of it). The advice regarding the actual law surrounding the matter I raised in this thread may prove useful for others in a similar situation.

Are you advocating that anyone who wants any help regarding anything that perhaps someone on the forum may be able to help with should not do so?

So much for community spirit.

Archived