When did you choose to be straight?

I don't believe there is such thing as gay or straight. Everyone is on a scale and without meeting everyone in the world you can't possibly know who would be your ideal partner.

I also don't know why we insist on a decision from people-I don't care who anyone else is sleeping with as long as they are happy in their choice why would it matter.

What makes you say that? So if it's not a choice what is it?

It’s the same as you don't choose the size of your feet, or how big your head is, or if you prefer Brussel sprouts to chocolate, it just happens because of the combination of DNA and some external environmental factures.

One simple question can quickly make people think about what being gay is and even change their minds. I'm not gay, but I stand up for gay rights as I don't see gay people as anything other than just people.

Watch this video and see the realisation on peoples faces as they are asked first of all if being gay is a choice and then asked when they chose their sexuality.

http://www.upworthy.com/watch-these-straight-people-answer-a-question-gay-people-have-been-asked-for-years-6?g=6

Great link Wex, certainly got me thinking.

Taking homosexuality out of the question for a moment, given the positive promotion of heterosexuality in society from birth, I wonder how deliberate the choice would be (if at all) if that wasn't the case.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't believe there is such thing as gay or straight. Everyone is on a scale and without meeting everyone in the world you can't possibly know who would be your ideal partner.

I also don't know why we insist on a decision from people-I don't care who anyone else is sleeping with as long as they are happy in their choice why would it matter.

Right the gay scale ? Claiming every one is gay to a degree is only trying to normalise the practice its self ,

If we do have a scale being gay would be in the middle as more other extremes forms of sexual gratification would be at one end and normal hetrosexual at the other .

That is what a Human sexual scale would look like .

One simple question can quickly make people think about what being gay is and even change their minds. I'm not gay, but I stand up for gay rights as I don't see gay people as anything other than just people.

Students ond old people get more discrimination than gays. What is all the fuss about?

Students ond old people get more discrimination than gays. What is all the fuss about?

Yeah you're right, people get harassed and bullied out of school for being an old person or a student all the time.

Also, sometimes when walking down the street intimidating groups of people shout horrible things at people for being old or in full time education.

You even hear about people being targeted and beaten up on nights out just for being a student or an old person...

:rolleyes:

Never thought of it as "choosing" just always liked girls/women, before anyone starts I mean lasses I went to school with. Just one of those things that men have never rocked my boat, and women are nicer to play with.

I have no objection to gay people what so ever, but I am constantly confused as to why they need to continually beat a drum, and say proud to be gay. Heterosexual people don't have marches and say proud to be straight, it is one of life's things, people are gay, others are not; they don't bother each other, or shouldn't so why just not live in harmony.

By the way I'm also man enough to say to the wife when men on TV he's good looking, doesn't mean I want to hump his bones; just that you can spot good looking people straight or gay.

It has come along way in the past 30 years I'll accept for a gay to admit it, and to be generally accepted by society, but now it doesn't or shouldn't carry the "stigma" it once did.

I know there are people who will never change opinions and no matter what people say to them, same as you will always get gay people who feel as though they are always persecuted.

As I said at the start I never thought it was a decision I made, I just like/d females.

Oh and that's a widespread phenomenon like people harassing and attacking gay people is it?

Are you serious? Do you really believe that students are on the receiving end of more discrimination than gay people?

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 19:07 ----------

I have no objection to gay people what so ever, but I am constantly confused as to why they need to continually beat a drum, and say proud to be gay. Heterosexual people don't have marches and say proud to be straight

Heterosexuals don't need marches because they aren't routinely degraded, harrassed, and treated like less of a person for being heterosexual.

The word gay has even entered our language as a synonym for crap/rubbish.

As long as we have things like that there'll be a need for things like gay pride marches.

Archived